GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little history first to understand.
I have never been one to keep a Vehicle more than a couple of years.
I tend to get bored or just want something different.
In the 4 years at this house I have had a Sportster, A BMW R1150RT, Ultra Classic, and now the Dirty White Girl.
Anyhow I went with a friend to the HD dealership cause he wanted a new Bike. I wondered around the Whole place sitting on pretty much every kind of Bike they had there. They even had a Wing.
After a couple of hours wondering around and asking How much it hit me.
I already have the right bike. Everyone I sat on I would think, It needs this and that. My bike already has that.
So Maybe, Just maybe, I finally found the right one. And she's sitting comfortably in the Garage with Opera Lights being glued on.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I do the same thing. I like to look at bikes and sit on them, but when the chips are down, nothing compares to the wing...and I've had a few bikes. Even when I sit on a new wing, I think about all the little stuff I've added to my 05 and go out and get on and ride away.

·
Registered
809 Posts
[LEFT said:
bugsquawsher[/LEFT];2299790]A little history first to understand.
I have never been one to keep a Vehicle more than a couple of years.
I tend to get bored or just want something different.
In the 4 years at this house I have had a
Sportster
, A BMW R1150RT, Ultra Classic, and now the Dirty White Girl.
Anyhow I went with a friend to the HD dealership cause he wanted a new Bike. I wondered around the Whole place sitting on pretty much every kind of Bike they had there. They even had a Wing.
After a couple of hours wondering around and asking How much it hit me.
I already have the right bike. Everyone I sat on I would think, It needs this and that. My bike already has that.
So Maybe, Just maybe, I finally found the right one. And she's sitting comfortably in the Garage with Opera Lights being glued on.
Oh that's too funny. Your making cry. It comes with a 18 pack of Keystone and a payment.
HaHa
! Or did you get them to work again
Muhguyver
?

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
i love my Goldwing. But I also like the "fit" of other bikes as well, just as much, but for different reasons. I like options. ;)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh that's too funny. Your making cry. It comes with a 18 pack of Keystone and a payment.
HaHa
! Or did you get them to work again
Muhguyver
?
Yes the opera Lights you gave me that didn't work, Now Work.
the Wires just broke loose from the Board. They only light up , the blinker part I never got to work though.

And if you trade up you have to do Traxxion all over again:popcorn:
I'd have to do it first to do it again;)

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Bugs....how many miles have you ridden since the last alt. repair and are the results a :thumbup:.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:yes1::bow::nojoke::thumbup::clap2::yes::beer3::flg:

·
Registered
21,060 Posts
used to spend a lot of time learning about other bikes and thinking about switching but once i got a wing that changed

would kind of like to have some kind of dual purpose bike to ride up to prudhoe bay Alaska but can't really afford it so i guess thats just dreaming.... maybe someday.....

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bugs....how many miles have you ridden since the last alt. repair and are the results a :thumbup:.
She's right around 5K miles on the Repair.
And she still sounds like she should :D

I would love to have a second Bike. Something totally different, Like a Vrod Muscle or VRod Nightrod. Just for beating around town and Super ubber go fast for fun.
Not that the wing can't do that, But something different to mix it up a bit.
Need to pay this wing off first though.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Wish I had the money to buy and new bike every 3 or 4 years. this is what I've had and still have.

1972 honda CB 750 Bought new

1982 1100 gold wing standard. Bought new

1900 GL 1500 brought used

2001 Gl1800 that I still have and will keep

2006 Victory kingpin just for fun and still have.

From 1972 Ive only had 5 bikes which is a lot less that other people on this board.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Wish I had the money to buy and new bike every 3 or 4 years. this is what I've had and still have.

1900 GL 1500 brought used

From 1972 Ive only had 5 bikes which is a lot less that other people on this board.
That 1900 GL 1500 has got to be ONE OF A KIND and Worth some big bucks....:oops::oops::oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts