GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the folks who have been around here for a while know Steven/Toyo from GA. He was very active for quite a while, but has dropped completely off the radar scope these days. I last saw him at Rockies-Gold and we have chatted a few times since then, but I miss seeing him here for sure. I even heard a rumor that he may sell his bike. Looks like he has been very busy with other things, but need to say that I miss seeing him here.

Toyo and me during Rockies-Gold -- yes, I'm the old fart wearing the cap!!!!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I agree. I hope everything's OK with him. Maybe he got sick again inside his helmet and said enough's enough.

Here he is at Rockies Gold

·
Registered
609 Posts
Maybe I need to put up a lookout stand along Atlanta"s I-285 race track.:cop2:
DAMM ,I MISSED HIM!!
Last I saw that he was doing more dirt riding with Son,and I think also he was moving his Dad closer to home from the west a few months back.
edmund

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
He was an alright guy until he started hanging around with DDKing, Trialsman and Iron Butt Bill. Oh and he was never the same after hanging around Bulldog and wheels at Cats Cade.Things went down hill from there.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Maybe he had another helmet stolen from the top of a gas pump, and can't ride now...

I really miss ArnButtBill!!! also...he helped me a lot when I was newbie...and then again when I had a few issues...

Two of the best characters on here...

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Didn't he post here some time ago he sold his Goldwing and bought dirt bikes to spend more time with his son??

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Didn't he post here some time ago he sold his Goldwing and bought dirt bikes to spend more time with his son??
Wasn't that yellow wolf???

·
Registered
20,684 Posts
he might b just washing his bike !

someone told me he washed it for like 4 hours one day at Rockies Gold

he had one of the cleanest hi mile wings i ever saw !

with the family and running his own bussiness i'm sure he is very busy

i only met him once but he sure seemed like a great guy

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
he might b just washing his bike !

someone told me he washed it for like 4 hours one day at Rockies Gold

he had one of the cleanest hi mile wings i ever saw !

with the family and running his own bussiness i'm sure he is very busy

i only met him once but he sure seemed like a great guy
:agree:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I think I miss him as much as anybody. He, Dan and Arn Butt are the guys who got me hooked on carving corners.

He and I rode many miles with our two yellow 1800s. I rode along with him for company when he did his 1000 miles in 24 hrs.

I was there when his helmet was stolen. I was there when he got a couple of used dirt bikes. Never did get to show how it can be ridden.:twisted:

I haven't talked to him since the last of July. Here is what the deal was then: His Dad was living with Steven, Krista and Cole. Cole was and is at the age where he and Steven are involved in Cole's sports stuff. Steven was running his business by himself which was a 40-50 hour week in itself plus he had accepted the title of Fleet Manager for one of his clients.:22yikes::p In other words, two full-time jobs in addition to everything else.

His stated goal was to retire at age 50. I told him that I hope he doesn't kill himself first. When I talked to him he still had the 1800.

He is almost the same age as my son and in some ways, I guess that's why I miss him. My son is in Maine.

Dave, I was thinking about him today too. Hope that doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Has anyone tried calling to see how he's doing?
Unfortunately, I don't have his phone number. You know I'd call him if I did...

(I hope everything's goin' okay with him... Wish he'd pop his head up to let us know he's still kickin'...)

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Kchef likes Him, more than I! :22yikes: Just Kidding, He's a great guy! Sometimes, priorities get in the way! Good for him. I saw him, wife and son @ wingstock, we had many laughs, they were doing Great!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts