GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while coming back from Big South Fork on I-75, minding my own business, a Harley rider drove past me in the left lane acting like he owned the world oblivious to everyone; impling he was king of the road. I hardly ever respond negatively to such going ons...but this time I felt like showing him what a Goldwing could do. He moved to the right lane and got behind a truck and slowed somewhat. I saw an opportunity and I blew past him and kept the throttle on...there was no traffic ahead of me and something overcame me as I did not slow down immediately. Several miles later I took an exit to eat and rest a bit. I checked my GPS and was astonished and alarmed at how fast I did go. I believe this is the fasted I have ever been on a bike. I am ashamed of how I responded and how stupidly I acted. I proved nothing but that "a power or force" can easily overtake us.

Anyone else dare show how fast you have been on your bike, per your GPS?

Vehicle Electronics Car Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
120 mph. Don't really have a story attached to it. I just do it occasionally for fun.

·
Registered
852 Posts
309mph, on my 91i no less. Them carbed bikes are quick ya know...

Display device Electronics Electronic device Vehicle registration plate Technology

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
GPS speed

I have been up to 125 on my wing..... I did manage to get a max speed on my Zumo up to something like 515 MPH. I don't think I managed to get a pic of it. But then, I did cheat. SouthWest has some vehicles that have no problem going that fast.....

Enjoy,
Douglas

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well.........!!!!!! The reason I got myself a Wing was ........at 65 YO.I had a Suzuki GSXR-1000 and on the highway....found myself doing 161 MPH.and decided that I wanted to start collecting my Social Security checks..............:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Same as SteelTraveler... just occasionally do it. Just recently, on our 5,500 Pacific NW trip, one of us would occasionally get a bit bored and do a spirited break-away. That would usually cause the rest of us to follow suit until we got it out of our system.... then, back to the scenery.

:thumbup:

Above was actually on a BMW K1200S I rented for a day to run the Dragon. Typical 1800 speed is @ 120.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Today while coming back from Big South Fork on I-75, minding my own business, a Harley rider drove past me in the left lane acting like he owned the world oblivious to everyone; impling he was king of the road.

View attachment 42051
Just what did he do to upset you besides passing you, your passed me "like he own the road" commit and "implying he was king of the road" just what was it that made you think that. Was it how dare a Harley pass my gold wing, the nerve of it lol:22yikes: or didn't he bow as he went by.:bow:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Just what did he do to upset you besides passing you, your passed me "like he own the road" commit and "implying he was king of the road" just what was it that made you think that. Was it how dare a Harley pass my gold wing, the nerve of it lol:22yikes: or didn't he bow as he went by.:bow:
Pretty sure that is what he just confessed to, I think he already said that, but better.

·
Registered
507 Posts
no gps ohio state patrol gave me paperwork and some time to think about it at 147 in a 60.
Carl1up, that is pretty impressive. Did you have it framed and hung on the wall? I saved $400 on my insurance by out running the cops! Ride safe and have fun. Dale

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Today while coming back from Big South Fork on I-75, minding my own business, a Harley rider drove past me in the left lane acting like he owned the world oblivious to everyone; impling he was king of the road. I hardly ever respond negatively to such going ons...but this time I felt like showing him what a Goldwing could do. He moved to the right lane and got behind a truck and slowed somewhat. I saw an opportunity and I blew past him and kept the throttle on...there was no traffic ahead of me and something overcame me as I did not slow down immediately. Several miles later I took an exit to eat and rest a bit. I checked my GPS and was astonished and alarmed at how fast I did go. I believe this is the fasted I have ever been on a bike. I am ashamed of how I responded and how stupidly I acted. I proved nothing but that "a power or force" can easily overtake us.

Anyone else dare show how fast you have been on your bike, per your GPS?

View attachment 42051
Responding to being passed by a Harley was kind of dumb but going only 113 mph while doing so was showing plenty of restraint. You're OK for now.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Well.........!!!!!! The reason I got myself a Wing was ........at 65 YO.I had a Suzuki GSXR-1000 and on the highway....found myself doing 161 MPH.and decided that I wanted to start collecting my Social Security checks..............:lol::lol:
And, I suppose part of that goal is to collect multiple checks.:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I tried to keep up with Cycledude and failed :? But this is another year :lol:

Electronics Technology Electronic device Camera Vehicle

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Would strongly suggest that when you exceed the speed limit sufficiently to incur the wrath of the law enforcement personnel you immediately "reset" the max speed recorded. If you get stopped he can look at the gps and ticket you. Disclaimer: I have not had this happen to me but have one friend who did and heard about another. BTW, since the NSA is already tracking your gps for location, pulling your max speed off of the satellites should be no problem. Ticket will arrive in the mail.:joke:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts