GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,027 Posts
Virtually all manufacturers make 12v cigarette lighter adapters for their camcorders. Let me know the make and model and I can probably find one for you. I have tech support logins for most of the manufacturers.

·
Registered
20,027 Posts
Matt, sorry I didn't get back right away. Christmas made it tough to research.

I mistakenly assumed your recorder was from one of the major manufacturers. We don't deal with Mediasonic or Mustek because their products are usually factory service only, so I don't have any contact info for them. Hopefully one of the suggestions that others posted will work out for you.

Two things to watch out for. If the power input is a standard USB connector, you won't have any problems, but if it is a pin style, make sure the polarity is correct or you will damage the PVR. Also make sure that the adapter is rated at a higher amperage than what your recorder needs and if it is drastically higher, replace the fuse in the plug with a lower value that matches your recorder.

For pin style inputs, here is a generic that would probably work fine. It uses a switching power supply, which is the best for sensitive electronics. An Ipod adapter will probably work too since it uses the 5 volt USB line for charging.

http://www.powerstream.com/dc6.htm

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts