GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a cover for my '07 GW. I don't mind paying a little extra for quality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jerry :)

·
Chard Member
12,965 Posts
Welcome!

Half or full cover? The full covers are huge and almost impossible to travel with. The full covers for the Wing are the size of two man tents! LOL...

I like the Ultra Guard half cover. It's heavy enough but small enough to travel with.

W

·
0 Posts
Red said:
Welcome!

The full covers are huge and almost impossible to travel with. The full covers for the Wing are the size of two man tents! LOL...
Red, Not necessarily so.
I have a full nylon cover that's light with a draw string around the bottom and can be folded up really small.
It has a heat shield material around the bottom that can prevent the GL1800 hot pipes from melting the material.
I carry mine in a mesh liner in my side saddle, and wouldn't leave home without it.

·
Chard Member
12,965 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
Red said:
Welcome!

The full covers are huge and almost impossible to travel with. The full covers for the Wing are the size of two man tents! LOL...
Red, Not necessarily so.
I have a full nylon cover that's light with a draw string around the bottom and can be folded up really small.
It has a heat shield material around the bottom that can prevent the GL1800 hot pipes from melting the material.
I carry mine in a mesh liner in my side saddle, and wouldn't leave home without it.
What brand is it? I have owned Hondaline, Kury, H-D, Dowco, Ultraguard, and Geeza full covers. All were huge except the Geeza and it's not water resistant.

W

·
0 Posts
Red said:
Wi_Winger said:
Red said:
Welcome!

Red, Not necessarily so.
What brand is it? I have owned Hondaline, Kury, H-D, Dowco, Ultraguard, and Geeza full covers. All were huge except the Geeza and it's not water resistant.
I'm not sure, bikes parked downtown in my folks garage for the winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cover

I was looking for a full nylon cover color matched to my 2006 Wing in Black Cherry. I found one very close made by Nelson-Rigg. Wraps around bike nicely. Can be folded up in a small storage bag. Has grommets to prevent blow off. Good all purpose cover.

WNGNTS

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I chose a 1/2 cover. Easier to get on and off. Folds up into a smaller bundle.

Keeps the sun and the kids off of the bike. Keeps the seat dry if it rains.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts