GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Lord, this hurts... but I need a used Ultra classic '98 or newer to use as a test bed for my electronic goodies. No one will lease one to me, so I have to bite the bullet and ... buy one! Anyone got a lead where i can find one at a reasonable (!) price? It doesn't need to be tricked out, just ride able

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have a great idea on how to get a very reasonable harley

just ride doen any road in wisconsinand look near the ditch for harley parts that have rattled off

after a short while you would have enough

loren

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jon,

Ebay is loaded with them. Winter is a great time to buy, however a little earlier in the winter.

Bid on one that you like and then watch it. Don't go near the reserve. At the end of the auction if it does not get sold, email the owner and ask what is the lowest he will take. You might get surprised.

Bulldog

·
Registered
824 Posts
David West said:
Loren: That was a little cold :twisted:

-David
Go think! He's from Wisconson, cold is a way of life up there! :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Open up your loca paper, if it's like ours here you can take your pick of any Harley you want. :sw1: :snow1: :flg:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Try to stay away from the 99 models, first year of the twin cam engine. They have cam bearing problems and switched from ball bearings to roller bearings on later models. Some scattered the ball bearings in the case and were fixed so buying a repaired version might be OK. I wonder when the GL 1800 steering head will be updated with roller bearings?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey Jon,

I have a buddy who has a '98 UC and is getting out of riding. He's baby'ed it and hasn't put much (or any) electronics extras on it. I'll hook you two up.

(I secretly think it was him riding my 'wing that did it to him :wink: )...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jon,

There's a boat load of HD's forsale these days. I don't think it has anything to do with winter either. I think HD has the market saturated and maybe the prices are starting to get down to where they should be anyhow!

Good luck, MJ

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jon,

There's a boat load of HD's forsale these days. I don't think it has anything to do with winter either. I think HD has the market saturated and maybe the prices are starting to get down to where they should be anyhow!

Good luck, MJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts