GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The insurance company and I are looking for a gl1800 07 range...low miles15-20k. My cases are both cracked and a whole engine may be the way to go instead of replacing the cases.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Greens Motorcycle Salvage yard in Milwood, Ky. (270) 879-8979 They sometimes have the available, Give em a call and see what they have.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
There is a gentlemen on the board selling a 2002 bike that hit a deer. $2500. front end is no good but suspect a deer wouldn't damage the engine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My insurance MAY be going to total my 09 with 4,800 miles.
Will know in a couple of days.
Engine/tranny should be good....rear ended.
I'ii post when they decide in case you want to try and track it down.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My insurance has sent me a check, the parts and special tooling for the job are ordered and the bike is scheduled to go on the rack this coming Monday. If you/they have an engine available asap...let me know. Maybe the dealer will back up...if the price is right. What insurance co do you have?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The adjuster was just here yesterday and said he thought it might total without additional tear down, but wasn't sure.

I have Progressive and this is my first claim, so I'm not sure how quick they settle, but I should know something this week hopefully.

PM me if you want to discuss some specifics

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, they are going to total mine out, but I'm not going to buy it back.

If anyone is interested in anything from it PM me and I will try to find out where they are taking it.

09 base model metallic silver, 4800 miles.

Most of the damage is rear and right side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts