GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help finish my trike. I want to pinstrip and light it!

I have a 2003 GW Motortrike that pulls a 1940 Ford and I want to finish it. I just finished putting all the extra chrome on it. I have all chrome but the chrome front rim.

I am getting ready to have an artist do the trike & trailer with pinstiping. I already have most of my ideas for that just need to pick the right guy to do it.

I also want to do LED lights. I have some ideas but I am looking for some unique ideas. I am putting a multi-color ground light system under both car and trailer. They change colors and flash all the different ways. They will be used promarily as parking lights. I am thinking of running white "skinny-minis" LED's along the long sweeping lines of the trike & trailer because being white I can ride with them on. (I think) A friend gave me an idea of running amber lights up both antennas so that i could burn them while riding
all the time.

Here is my question to the group: What unusual lights have you seen on trikes? I want to win the light show at "Wings Over The Smokies" in September.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Here is my question to the group: What unusual lights have you seen on trikes? I want to win the light show at "Wings Over The Smokies" in September.

If that light show is like wing dings just tape lights all over. The install can look like crap as long as you have 5000 lights stuck on however you will win. If you want some cool ideas pm me.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Have some inspiration from the WD-33 Light Parade.

Some of these light displays really push the limits of the charging system.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
At 1 light show a guy had a small honda generator on the hitch powering the lights!!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Have some inspiration from the WD-33 Light
Nice - some of those blue ones in the first vid look like they fell right off the game grid in TRON. :)

Also in the first vid - at 0:58 - is that DJFire?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts