GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your prayers! UPDATED 6-11

Please keep me in your prayers. I woke up last Saturday morning, unable to hear almost anything in my left ear. I tried ear wax remover, but didn't help. Everyday, it seemed to get a little worse. By yesturday, I had no hearing in my left ear. Went to the Dr., & he ran a few tests. He said it didn't sound good(pun). Sent me to the Tri-State Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeons in Evansville. They ran more tests yesturday. It's one of two things. Either a micro sized blood clot entered into the artery going to the left ear, causing the ear itself to have a stroke, or it's a tumor. Gotta get an MRI done early Saturday morning at Vincennes hospital, to rule out a tumor. Dr. doesn't think it's a tumor. Trying steroids, to see if it'll shrink the nerve going from the ear to the brain. He says it's not likely to help, but wants to try it. Most likely without a real miracle, the Dr. says my left ear is basicly dead as far as hearing. I can hear only about 50% out of my right ear, & will most likely need a hearing aid for it, in the near future. Please keep me in your prayers. I don't believe God gave me the talent to sing & play the piano, to give it all up now.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Just got back from getting the MRI done. They had to inject dye into my arm, & everything went well. Still won't know the results before Tuesday or Wednesday. Continue to keep me in your thoughts & prayers. Thank you all, for your encouraging words, & prayers.(I've read every post, & it means so much) NOW, GO TURN SOME WHEELS FOR ME. It's raining here, & not riding today.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

·
15 year Member
6,897 Posts
Sounds like a real bummer... Prayers sent from NV!!

Matt(BCNV) :-(

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Best wishes for good news.

·
Registered
512 Posts
verdayne,
prayers going your way from illinois. God never gives you more than you can handle.
let us know what the drs. find.

take care,
bc

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hey, man!
Do not disdpare! It may turn out to be many other smaller things, really!
My wife had a similar thing - turned out to be fluid in the mastoid bone.
So, just stay calm!

Wishing you all the best!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Prayers sent from Nevada. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Verdayne, first let me say you are completely in our prayers.

Then...a weird one. We had a friend whose wife was walking down the street and simply went deaf in one ear. Boom. Short number of weeks later...the husband. Same thing, just went deaf in one ear. Virus of some sort...have they talked about that? I'm going to find out if he remembers what caused it, just fyi. Meanwhile, again...prayers ongoing.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
I'm in...good luck.

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
Best of luck-think positive

·
Banned
350 Posts
One of my brothers has the same issue; his doc called "sudden hearing loss" and claimed it more common than once imagined. He lives and works in Japan and claims to have recovered about 40% of his hearing via acupuncture.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Prayers

Prayers sent from Kentucky!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Prayers sent from San DiegoCa, Goodyear az..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Count me in Wingnut. Praying from New York. God is still in authority over every single thing... seen and unseen. My prayers are for the miracle of total healing, hearing and recovery.

I had a similar problem. Mine turned out to be a tumor that started in the left auditory canal and grew inward to the brain. I had it removed with microsurgery that resulted in total deafness on the left and major of tinnitus. Not good, but still better than the alternative.

Later, I had an abutment implanted into my scull so that I could attach this sound processor http://www.cochlearamericas.com/Products/1978.asp It's a B.A.H.A. (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) Diveno, which is obsolete now and has been replaced with a new digital model.

The fun thing is that tons of jokes came out of this, and still continue today. Humor is good, especially when you go through the fire.
When I told someone I had a brain tumor, they replied that it was all in my head.
When I went to the hospital, I told the surgeons that I need this like I need a hole in my head.
Regardless of where I ride, I always wear all the gear, all the time. I tell people that if I don't wear my helmet, my head whistles.
My hair is fairly short, so on the rare occasion that someone sees the B.A.H.A., I tell them that it's a memory drive. As I'm unsnapping it from my head to show it to them, I say that when I get a good idea that I want to remember, I download it into this device, then connect it to my computer and up comes the idea!
Anyway, enough joking for now. I know that this is serious and I hope that the "humor" gave you a smile, not a scare.
:nojoke:
My wife is quite the researcher, so we have loads of information about this and other devices. There are also support groups that can be very helpful and encouraging.

Send me a PM if you want to stay in touch.

God is still on the throne, and He cares for you personally, more than you can ever even imagine.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts