GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Yea, it's a pretty big deal up here in PA.. Limestone everywhere being undercut by underground waters diverted by construction..
Has some pretty disasterous results!!! This one was in Allentown..

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
Any chance we can stick the lawyer in the sinkhole?
Unfortunatly I don't think we could find a sink hole deep enough to make a difference in this country...

·
Registered
302 Posts
We just went through the cancellation thing as well in Rhode Island.

We received a letter in October that said because we live on the coast and are in the potential path of hurricanes they would not renew our homeowners insurance when it came up for renewal in November.

They were very happy to have received our premiums for the last 23 years but because they may have to pay a claim in the future they were no longer insuring homes in our area.

So, try to find another company to insure your home in four weeks when they know that the other companies won't because of a potential claim. When you find that company they were more than happy to insure the house for more than twice what we were paying.

I wouldn't doubt that the first company also owns the second company which than doubles the premiums. It's extortion.

BigUgly

·
Registered
239 Posts
It's bad enough what insurance companies are doing to policyholders but they also expect the government to bail them out when they take major losses. Of course the government will simply collect more taxes fron us, the propertyowners.

I don't agree with the government backing insurance companies. The insurance guys gamble that they won't take big losses and we pay our premiums just in case we need the help. Government intervention just MUCKS up the system.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,472 Posts
Insurance companys have made a killing this year.. they raised rates
thinking there would be another bad hurricane season...

Most insurance companys are owned by politicians in Washington..

they have a license to steal................................

cosmic

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hal..
I have AllState for another 10 days (non-renewed)..the agent in Davie got me a replacement policy through Royal Palm..premium went up about $150..still way less than when I lived in Davie.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
977 Posts
So, why are you guys riding your bikes during hurricanes, anyway?

Just sign a document that you double, double promise that you won't ride it during a hurricane.

We're paying the price, now, for previous bikers who knew, in advance, that a hurricane was impending, and COULD have moved their bikes to a safer location, but intentionally allowed them to flood, so they could purchase a newer motorcycle!!

Similarly, NJ auto insurance rates are very high because of MV accident fraud!

OK, I'm down, off my soapbox, now.

I'm fully aware that some insurance companies funds were nearly depleted from payments, but that's the unpredictable nature of insurance (gamblig if it will or won't).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
North Florida said:
Hal..
I have AllState for another 10 days (non-renewed)..the agent in Davie got me a replacement policy through Royal Palm..premium went up about $150..still way less than when I lived in Davie.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6
I will be giving them a call.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well they sell _-hole insurance (uninsured motorist), why shouldn't they sell sinkhole insurance? If people will buy it, they have a policy for it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like Royal Palm is only taking Allstate policies at this time and they do an inspection to see if there is any damage before they write the policy. In one of the things I read I think it said that they are only doing 3,000 policies a year.

So I am out of luck. Well onto the next one.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
INS.

I've been saying for years we "ALL" need to cancel every insurance policy we've got.Stand together against the insurance companies until they get some sense.
Of course you can't get two people to stand together these days,much less a nation....

YMMV

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I have hartford insurance thru the AARP Program and my rates are extremely inexpensive. I live in a site built concrete block home and live near a lake.

You might to check with them if you are over 50.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wingman 57

Not if you live in Florida, been there done that, they will not write policies there even if you live 35 miles inland away from the beach.
Dennis

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.