GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking for something special. In my various travels I can across this.

The owner sent me bunches of pictures and went on and on about the detail and the paint. I couldn’t really appreciate it from the pix. When I saw it though, wow! The painted details for the windshield trim and moldings, the details in the faux headlights and front directional lights, even the faux wheels with the bowtie logo; all are amazing. Painter must have taken a huge amount of time. (I do have his name but need to talk to him before I post publicly.) Colors are original Chevy cream and black metallic. Paint is over ten years old but looked great. I had my detailer buff it up and put a ceramic coating on it.

The original four wire harness used the car lights for tail, brake and turn. Notice the blue dot inserts! I purchased the Hyperlites combination tail/brake/directional with amber and red LEDs. Very bright, compact and strobe brakes (ten fast flashes then solid). I have used these in the past with good results. I placed these on the “running board” so out of direct sunlight they seem even brighter. I still used the car lights as tail and brake but upgraded to the SoCalMotoGear Xtreme 1157 bulbs. I needed to add a license plate mount and light underneath to one of the crossmembers. All new wiring to match the bike and a new swivel hitch. New tires, Dynabeads, metal valve stems and TPMS sensors and I’m done.

I am told it was originally sold as a kit by Mr. Wayne Bright of Rossville, Georgia. Still researching the history of that company. I tried reaching out to carrepilcatrailers.com contact info but doesn’t seem to be anybody home.

Previous owner told me to expect gawkers every time I stop somewhere. So far true. Even bringing it come; I had it in the pickup bed of my 2500 4x4 and it was barely visible from the ground. Still got questions.

Attachments

·
IronMan
17,469 Posts
Try thru facebook ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am still resisting the Facebook.

>:)

I am refusing the Paypal due to political positions and anger that he stole the name of one of the greatest inventors for his car.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Looks really close to original. Does it rust out around the headlights and rocker panels like the real ones did? LOL:grin2:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks really close to original. Does it rust out around the headlights and rocker panels like the real ones did? LOL:grin2:
OMG. :surprise: I better move to Arizona ASAP to prevent this. Well maybe I'll wait until December. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Yea I used to own a 57 chevy in those trailers also...No QUICK gas stops while pulling it lol. I wish I had a dollar for every pic or video that was made of mine....

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Since 1985 I have driven several Studebaker Hawks hundreds of thousands of miles, all over the nation; have probably had thousands of pix taken, thumbs up, A-OK hand signs, requests to take pix, open the hood, etc.. Even had folks pull alongside in traffic and ask me to pull over. The first few hundred such requests were fun, and I enjoyed show & tell. But after awhile, it became a PITA. I predict your trailer will be a smilier experience. Hope you have long term, limitless patience. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts