GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First , a disclaimer , this is a long post , with absolutely NO usefull information......................

I have decided that i WILL NOT read any of the Wingstock reports :x :x :x .
I was supposed to be there. (by the way, thanks for the patience and help from Arn Butt and others for answering my questions )
But after making all my plans , getting coverage at work so i could take a couple vacation days, Getting Bulldawg to mount a new rear tire for me. and a couple days , not hearing from my "riding buddy "??????
I finally tracked him down on the day we were suppose to leave.
Guess what , he was at work , :shock: :shock: . Seems it "slipped his mind" ???? to call me and tell me that his vacation time was not approved. :x :x :x :x :x and he wouldn't be going .
This wouldn't be quite as bad , if it were not for the fact that this trip was mostly centered around the fact that HE was the one who has been wanting to go down to ride the Deals Gap area for the last couple years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The plans had been to go down a couple days early , ride around for a couple days , Gap. blue ridge, foothills , Cherahala , etc,.then head down on Friday for Wingstock .
To make matters worse , by canceling so late , i lost out on two days of
overtime at work, 12 hour days ,no less, and i also lost the 2 vacation days i put in for . Couldn't hardly tell the guy covering for me , that put off plans of his own, never mind , i'm coming in to work those days........
you get to lose 24 hours of overtime also(for covering my shifts.)
Oh yeah , before i forget , this WAS NOT , I REPEAT, NOT
anyone even remotely associated with this board. Doesn;t even ride a honda :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
At that point , i was going to head down on my own , anyway , but the wife said , that since nothing seemed to be going right for me, that she had a bad feeling about me going on my own. :? :? So the more i thought about it , the more i sounded like a good idea to just forget about it. If something were to go wrong , either down there , or at home , it would be that much harder to accept .

Well , thanks for letting me VENT :x :x :x :x

Maybe next year , if there is one .
ON the bright side , some of the money i saved by not going on the trip ,can be put towards a suspension upgrade :D :D :D
Joe.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Joe, I think your wife hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I do not know about nail thing,but the wifey might have reamed out the soft spot on top, from how he is telling excuses!!!
All AGREE ,raise your hands to the ceiling!!!! :lol:
ride safe.
edmund

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,000 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck, but it sounds just like what a few of my friends have done to me the last two years. We make plans 6 months in advance and they talk the trip up the whole time. Then it's a week before the trip and one by one they cancel out and they don't even call me. I only find out by calling them. I wind up going by myself. I still have a great time though because I love riding down that way in the Smokies and the surrounding area.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Good example of

1. Why I ride alone
2. Why I don't have a wife

:lol:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
edum43
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here :? :?
Are you saying that i was just looking for any excuses not to go? I have been planing on this trip for a month or more now. If you don't believe me , you can probably ask Bulldog. I bought a new rear tire off of him about a month ago , but told him i wanted to wait until i was leaving for
Wingstock before i put it on .
There are also some other things going on right now that make me
hesitant to get too far away from home for too long of a time right now.
Sorry , :oops: :oops: :oops: didn't mean to get so "dramatic" . just that when things haven't been going to well for the last couple weeks,
(no real serious problems , but problems none the less) , and someone suggests , that ,
"maybe you shouldn't go" , it kind of makes you think about it .
If you were just "busting my balls " , well thats ok too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roadie , luckyman,
Next trip i plan like that , i will plan on going by myself . My last trip down to the Smokies . was a couple years ago ,spent 4 days down there, and i went by myself.
If someone wants to tag along , thats ok too , but it will be MY trip.
As far as the wife goes, during 23 years of marriage , she has never told me not to do something , or go somewhere, this was just one of those "bad feeling" kind of things with the events that lead up to it.
Joe.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Well if it makes you feel better......I won a $100 discount coupon for any service or updgrade they(Traxxion) sells,..... AND........I'm going in the morning to ride the Smokies for four days...............woooohooooo!!! 8)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Joe,

Sorry to hear that it worked out, that you did not go. I know how much planning that you did and how you were looking forward to going.

As far as your Hardly Bud, Shoot the Bastid !

Lesson that should be learned. When it comes to riding, never count on another, for your fun!

Bulldog

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks steve.
That makes me feel a LOT BETTER.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Joe...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bulldog .
Guess i will have to take a ride up your way ,maybe you can show me some good roads to break in my new tires. :D :D :D :D
Joe.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Joe,
I am sorry that you think I offending you. Was just trying to have some fun.
I was suspose to gone to wingstock,but last week,was told that they have to back into my heart on wed as I might have a bad stent ,so I didn't want to take a chance being away from Greenville,SC
I still roded my monster close to home for local enjoying runs.
have a nice day joe,
ride safe,
edmund

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
edmund .
Sorry for maybe "jumping the gun" on my reply, there were a bunch of
things in the last couple weeks that i kind of got "screwed over" on , not to mention , my relief for work, (i work in a power plant, can't leave till the other guy gets here ) showed up 3 hours late friday nite , and i ended up missing my brothers supprise 50th birthday party .
Guess that my sense of humor needs a little re-boot. :) :) :) :)
I will say a prayer that everything goes well for you on Wed. sorry that i got a little testy on my reply. Sometimes i have to remind myself that whenever i "think" i have some problems , there are always others around that actually have something to worry about ....... :cry: :cry:
good luck on Wednesday.
Joe.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
We had a miserable time, Joe.
The blue skies made it difficult to nap, the fresh air was annoying, the free bar-b-que and live blues were too good, and everyone was in a depressingly good mood.... :wink:
Sorry you missed it; here's a few photos:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bill .
Thanks for the heads up on the ride.
I feel "MUCH" better now :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I WILL get down that way , probably won't be this year , too late in the year now . But i will be back down that way , even if there is NO
Wingstock 2007. I will be looking you up , to see if i can get a personal "pig trail"
ride.......... :D :D :D
Joe.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey, was that DD King I saw in the wheel chair. If it was, sure glad he got to go. Next time, home he'll be riding the most comfortable wing in the world.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
922 Posts
Good call. Sometimes circumstances work out for the best.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hate to dig up an old thread, especially one in which i was only complaining about something, but a phone call i got yesterday prompted me to do so.
The call was from my "riding buddy " , the one i was supposed to go to
Wingstock with.
He started the conversation with " Hey , guess where i'm calling from" .
Is it even necessary to tell you that he was calling from somewhere near Deals Gap. :x :x :x :x Guess he decided a couple days ago to take a ride down there. Never even bothered to call and see if i still might want to,or be able to, take a trip down with him......................Guess you could call that adding insult to injury ........
I guess my only consolation is that he said something about freezing his a$$ off as it gets later in the day ) :) :) :) :) :)
Oh , well , enough ranting for now , thanks for listening (reading???)
Joe.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I think he's an X riding buddy now!! 8)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts