GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A four-wheeled GoldWing yesterday on the road, passing another vehicle going the opposite direction. I thought it was a Spyder coming at me, then when it passed I saw TWO axles on the darned thing. Anyone else ever seen this deal?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Someone posted some pics of one a few weeks back.

·
Registered
801 Posts
When you add up the cost of the bike, trike and front end kits, you are looking at upwards of $35,000. For that I think I'd rather have a BMW series 3 convertible.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Why? Do you like having your car in the shop a lot? Better off with the GW-Quad.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
What states are they legal in?
4 wheels make a car.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Then they would be legal in all 50 states.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I've never seen anything like it...but it is kind of cool. Definitely different, that's for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
When you add up the cost of the bike, trike and front end kits, you are looking at upwards of $35,000. For that I think I'd rather have a BMW series 3 convertible.
Last I saw the 3 series covertibles were right around 50K. My neighbor just bought one, and said it was 52k(335).:nojoke: I know what you are saying though. I would start to think about a nice convertible(even for a little more) since your warranty is likely toast once you convert, and might be tough to sell.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I saw one up in Arkansas at Queen Wilhamena State Park about 2 years ago....it was a red one....I was so surpirzed that I forgot to take a photo of it....

I dont know how you could title one in Texas....it wouldnt pass inspection as a car with 4 wheels, and with 4 wheels, its not a motorcycle.....

I think I would rather have a convertible Corvette for the cost....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I agree. It is cool. but for that money, a nice convertible or Wrangler might be a nicer choice...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's kind of an answer to a question nobody was asking...:roll:

=Dave=
:agree::thumbup:

On the other hand, it is the same with all progress...to a point...

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Then they would be legal in all 50 states.
Not sure about that, I'm going to ask some questions when I go bck to work.
I do believe in Michigan it would come under the heading of a car, and not a motorcycle.

Therefor, it becomes a question of seat belts, and windshield wipers.
And also headlights and tail lights at the outer most part, front and rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Not sure about that, I'm going to ask some questions when I go bck to work.
I do believe in Michigan it would come under the heading of a car, and not a motorcycle.
Let us know what you find. I've been told(not confirmed) that t comes down to a matter of 'if you straddle' the vehicle, it's considered a motorcycle, but once you have more than 2 wheels it no longer requires a MC license to operate. It made sense, but I haven't tried to confirm. I'd be interested to know the 'right' answer.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I can say that in IL and IN you need a bike endorsement on your license to operate the Spyder, which is 3 wheeled and straddled. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts