GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blacked out my Daytonas' from Torque Masters....2014 ride..... Used a high temp primer and flat black .... scuffed up the chrome.... Will see how it lasts.... I couldn't sleep very well knowing Honda had the blacked out bike but didn't finish the exhausts and brake pedal even tho they blacked out the kick stand ... I feel a whole lot better now.....They may not show very well in the pics but will give an idea.... Cheers....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
That's one freaking AWSOME looking bike:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
nice - keep us updated on how it holds up and if you can touch up without redoing all.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nice. Cool.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sweet

·
Registered
401 Posts
keep us updated

Looks fantastic!
I am blacking out my 12. So I am very interested in the long terms results on the mufflers.
...gene

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
What is the deal with the license plate frame/holder? It appears to be further from the bike with something behind it?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the deal with the license plate frame/holder? It appears to be further from the bike with something behind it?
I was waiting for someone to pickup on that... My hitch box hides the plate.. so I made up a bracket to raise the tag.. realised that it was no longer lit so added an LED to underside of the top box hidden and out of site... Ugly but works.. Has easy remove to put back to original position...It does block most of the center tail lite..but what the heck there are a ton of lites on my hitch box... The pic is the box on my old bike but gives an idea.... The new bike has the tag well hidden low behind the box....

Looks fantastic!
I am blacking out my 12. So I am very interested in the long terms results on the mufflers.
...gene
So far after several hundred miles all is good and with the paint now baked on I expect it to be fairly robust in durability.....

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I wonder if Honda offered such a thing as an option, would many people buy it? My guess is it would sell rather well.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
19k on the bike now exhausts look the same as when I first painted them....

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just checking out my thread.... I think the end cut of the Daytona's flows great with the saddlebags.... Have a super Christmas everyone.... Lets always remember whose birthday it is... :doorag:

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Two thinks popped into my feeble mind. First; Halloween! Then; Hold that tiger, hold that tiger, hold that tiger, hold that tiger....................

Rooster

1 - 18 of 18 Posts