GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Saturday at Traxxion, we're all standing around talking motorcycles and riding. Someone brought up the top-gun-type exercises that were painted out in the cul-de-sac. Yellow Wolf said that he hadn't noticed them. I walked out with him and described how they are meant to be ridden. He said that he hadn't really practiced the slow-speed stuff.

Later someone asked me to do a couple of tight circles so they could see how tight these bikes can turn. I was happy to make the big girl dance in front of all these skilled and experienced riders.

I didn't see it, but I was told that when YW left he tried to do some tight stuff for a couple of minutes. Here's my fear: As skilled as Rick is on the 1800, if he does a little practicing he''ll probably be able to make his big girl dance better than I can mine.

Actually, I think everyone should learn to handle their bike at slow speeds. It does nothing but improve their overall riding.

One of my favorite sayings is: "Everyone can dance, not everyone can Ballet" My money says Rick will be doing both soon.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
hahaha.......... well i did stay in the box but could not get to the small circle but got close.

dont think i could give you even a run for it but thanks anyway!!!!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Now that would be a sight to see...an experienced trials rider showing what can be done with what is probably the biggest street bike, overall size-wise, there is. I'm not ashamed to admit I have a lot to learn in the overall scheme of things; I'd have loved to had been there to learn from someone much more skilled than I. :cry: The main disadvantage in living in California seems to be we're so far away from all the action.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Duane,
And the big girl is yellow, too 8)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I spent the day with Yellow Wolf on our ride and I can tell you this. This guy can ride. It was a pleasure spending the time with him and I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to him. Trialsman can really make those slow speed manoevers. I wanted to try using his bike but he wouldn't let me. I think I'll practice all by myself and be ready for next year.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
yellow wolf said:
hey i did not fall!!!
No, but you turned a bright shade of red...
I would've picked it up for you; it's o.k.. :wink:

How long did it take you to motor home on Saturday night?

·
Registered
552 Posts
trialsman said:
Actually, I think everyone should learn to handle their bike at slow speeds. It does nothing but improve their overall riding.
Ya can't ride fast if you can't ride slow... :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts