GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Best read Owners Manual. There is a key in your key fob (hidden) that will open your left bag by taking off the trim strip under rear of trunk and find the key slot. In the left bag there is a release for the right bag and in there you will find a release for the trunk.
Yes, READ THE MANUAL! The most neglected part of any vehicle is the owner's manual.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I never read the owner's manual for the same reason I never ask for directions.
BTW, how's your bike running, assuming it's still running.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Speaking of reading the owners manual Page 57....I discovered that devices that emit radio frequencies can sometimes interfere with the FOB. It may give the appearance of a dead battery [no response from the bike when turned on] but could possibly be an electronic device is running interference with the fob. It might be worth a try to turn off your cell phone, for example, or keeping it and other radio comm devices well away from the fob to see if that works.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sorry I've been working 12 hour shifts. Still no answer from my dealer as to why they didnt give me any keys. They say they are working on the issue and I haven't heard a word for 2 days. I'm not happy at all. This is not acceptable but dont know what I can do.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Sorry I've been working 12 hour shifts. Still no answer from my dealer as to why they didnt give me any keys. They say they are working on the issue and I haven't heard a word for 2 days. I'm not happy at all. This is not acceptable but dont know what I can do.
:cry:

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Did you double-check the fob?
Small rectangular spot on side releases the key that pops out the end.

I can't imagine why a dealer might remove that key.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Yeah... you need to read the manual.. and put a charger on the bike.
Id start with learning about the fob., and how that works.
Can't REALLY "turn OFF the bike too quick"...
Oh yes you can. If either of the wheels are moving in the slightest and you try to turn it off, it won't.

Reactions: Matt(BCNV)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Did you double-check the fob?
Small rectangular spot on side releases the key that pops out the end.

I can't imagine why a dealer might remove that key.
I couldn't agree more
Two fobs with no keys. And the dealer still had not given me any info as to what they ate going to do. I think I may have to call Honda direct and file a complant.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would call a locksmith and have them come out and make you a key if you still can't start your bike. Then if/when the dealer gets back to you and gets you a key or two you'll have extras. You can put one onto your house/car key ring so you'll always have a spare key.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I would call a locksmith and have them come out and make you a key if you still can't start your bike. Then if/when the dealer gets back to you and gets you a key or two you'll have extras. You can put one onto your house/car key ring so you'll always have a spare key.
Thanks
Thanks I think I will do that

21 - 33 of 33 Posts