GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my brand new 2003 ABS Candy Red Wing yesterday, & it's spose ta be here March 26th. It was ah truck that turned left right in front of me on th way to work. I had no where ta go, & grabbed all th brake i could, th tires lost grip & th bike washed out from under me. Th bike slid across th intersection hittin another car. I slid through th intersection hittin th truck that had turned left in front of me. I hit th truck's front bumper purty hard & wound up partially stuffed under th truck. It took ah few moments ta git to my feet, as i had 7 broken ribs, ah broken vertebrae, ah punctured & partially collapsed lung along with other cuts bruises & ah really banged up elbow. I got th two policemen on th scene ta stand th Wing up & i rode it home, changed my shirt & boots & went directly to th emergency room. I stayed in ICU for th next 24 hours, & in th Hospital for another day & 1/2. I git ta go back ta work in 6 ta 8 weeks. I thank God, for in his goodness i wasn't hurt any worse. Let's ride 'em YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
That's amazing. Sounds like you had a little more than just luck riding with you. Sure could've been worse. Sounds like you're one tough guy though, to be able to ride it home before going to the hospital. Sure hope the trucks insurance settles with you like they should. Take care, & Ride Safe!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Was sorry to hear about the wreck but glad you wasnt hurt enough to stop you from ever getting back on a bike. We were thinking of you at the TX gathering this weekend. Dont wax the paint of the new bike before you can it on the road.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ron,

All I can say is WOW!! And thank the Lord you're in no worse shape. Having totalled my '03 last August I have an appreciation of what you went through. Not a pleasant picture to say the least. How you managed to ride home with all those broken ribs, broken vertebrea, and collapse lung is beyond me.

I hope you're feeling better and the mending cycle has kicked into gear. Can't wait to hear about your first ride with your new Wing.

Take care, our best wishes are with you.

Steve

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Well Ron, so much for all those people who said you voided your warranty for jumping your bike, huh? Man, am I glad you are one tough Southern gentleman! God bless, and heal quick, my prayers are with you.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
been there, done that~~~~~~well not that bad. back in '74 a car turned left in front of me, I was on a Honda 350, going around 40 MPH. never had time to hit the breaks, I smashed right into his passenger door~~~~fortunately that was back in the "old days" when I had reflexes, just before impact I just kinda "jumped" and went for a "superman flight", which was fine, but the landing sucked big time. as you can imagine.

Nothing broke on me, some road rash AND I almost got arrested for throwing my helmet through the stupid A-holes back window, theres alot more to this story, I won't bore you with the details.

Just hope those ribs and vertebrae heal quickly, thank god your still alive

try to take it easy for a couple of weeks :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Glad to hear that you are alright. I was wondering about you today as I have not seen any post from ya. I am also glad to hear that you have another bike on the way. It is the best way.

I totalled mine on September 7th and picked up my new one on the 28th. People asked if I was crazy to get another one, I told them I know I am crazy but you have not seen anything yet if I dont get back into the saddle.

Hey Ron, we alll might have to come and visit next weekend. Might help if you get on Chef's bike and do some jumps. :D

·
Chard Member
13,071 Posts
Ron....Sorry to hear about the crash & burn Bro. Glad you are doing as well as you are. It could have been worse.

Glad to hear you're not giving it up and have a new ABS ordered. See you on the boards for the next few weeks!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did the pain killers cause your fingers to studder? LOL..

Best Wishes for a fast recovery! :) .....

G

·
We were looking for you at the Marble Falls gathering untill Steve Aylor told us of your mishap. Really sorry to hear it and We missed you. Will see you at the Oct gathering in Ark and maybe a rally in between.

Barney & Barb Stevens

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
Hey Ron,

Sorry to hear about your mishap. :shock: Really glad you are alright. Did you have your pc keyboard with you? Seems the letter 'e' ain't working. :wink:

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Ron, Glad to hear you're alright.......got 1 question tho - if you 'totaled' your bike, how were you able to ride it home??

P.S. - No, I'm not an insurance agent :D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
mishap

Ron,
Sorry to hear the bad news of ur mishap, but glad to hear you're gonna be ok. I don't know if abs would have saved you, but it pays for itself in spades. Get on the mend and thank God you made it thru it.
JD
:biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all yer well wishes

First off thank all ya'll for yer concern & good wishes.You folks are th GREATEST :mrgreen: I'll try ta answer ah few Questions. SC Steve i'm comin ta Fall Creek Falls on march 27th for lunch, i'll be in th car with my wife. Red, Naw th painkillers didn't cause my fangers ta studder,knowhattamean? ithankyado! They had me on ah morphine drip for three days WHOA BABY!!!!!!!!!! Scarredpelt, Naw i didn't have ma keyboard wif me. Hedoman, Well i jest got on it an rode it home i'm thinkin between all th plastic damage, front end damage, & tweaked frame it jest wooden worth fixin. Come ta think of it it did ride ah little sideways.As you know, th code ah th west is ya don't ever leave yer hoss layin in th road, ya either take 'em to th barn or shoot 'em & bury 'em.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We were sorry to hear about your accident and hope you're well on the road to a full recovery. God and you Guardian Angel were watching over you. Everyone missed you at the Marble Falls Gathering - we always enjoy hearing about your adventures. We'll just have to settle for a double dose at the Fall Arkansas Gathering. :)

Dick and Cheryl Scroggins

·
Registered
837 Posts
That's just incredible Ron. Your one lucky son of a gun to still be above ground, walkin, talkin, and breathen. I'm glad you weren't busted up any worse than you were. It's hard to believe that you were able to even get on your bike, let alone ride it home. The pain you were in must have been beyond imagination. I'm surprised the police let you ride home instead of taking the ambulance to the hospital. You must not have given them any choice. LOL

Glad your still with us.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, Ron.

Glad to find out that whatever else was broken, it didn't break your spirit.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yeah, what they all said. Good luck in your recovery, Ron. :s27:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Ronny Boy,

You just took the wind out of Meesh & I's sails. Real sorry to hear this bad news. Glad that your spirit is how you are, UP! You have our prayers for a speedy recovery.

You know, that if you need anything, all you have to do is call.

Gods Speed

Meesh & Bulldog

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Ron, glad to hear you'll be OK.

You must be one tough guy. The 2 guys I know that broke their ribs could barely breath. They could not even get up let alone think about riding.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts