GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I tried it! With all the hub bub about tire pressure on a non run flat, I dropped the pressure to 34psi. First thing I noticed pulling out onto the road was the back end moving around from uneven pavement causing the sidewalls to flex. Going over the same roads I travel, it just felt like the back end didn't want to ride steady from imperfections in the road causing the sidewalls to flex. Is it bad? I can't say. I just don't like that feel. To me it didn't feel as smooth at 34psi as it does at 40-42psi either. This tire was the flimsy walled General G-Max.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rocket I know you'v ridden on a lot of different BMT, but I haven't seen you on a Dunlop SP Sport 5000 yet. Give it try on your next tire change Can't hurt.:shrug: I think you will really like it and you can run it at 34psi no problem.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
You better be careful with that one Rocket.:eek:4:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because I am me, I like to try tires no one has tried or very few have run. Right now I am looking at a couple of tires that interest me. 1) the Kuhmo I*Zen XW (kw23). 2) a Hankook W310. 3) Toyo Snowprox S952. Right now I have not been able to find them in the US. But for now, I will stick with my Sunny SN3830! (Which I put back on today)! But I won't rule it out!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My bad rocket I ment to be careful with the g-max

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
You, I, and some others have said it time and time again. In the end, it is your end that counts. Different tires have different attitudes toward air pressure. It never hurts to experiment, but some things just don't need to be taken as gospel. Air it back up and enjoy it like you are supposed to.

Best Wishes.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My bad rocket I ment to be careful with the g-max
And here I thought you meant PRI-USNAVY!:oops::oops::oops: Not really!:joke:
Not to worry Sully, it is off and my trusty Sunny is back on!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
And th G-Max looked sooo goood.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, the G-Max is done?
Murgie, I set out to run the G-Max 1000 miles which I did. I will put it back on this winter when it's cold and my riding will be slower (than my usual 35mph). It may not be warranted, but I just don't feel confident with it for running all over the countryside. It will be my commuter tire! I love the tread design, it rides super smooth. If General would come out with a run flat version of it, I would switch over to running a RF. Even if it had stiffer sidewalls and a rim protection ridge like it showed when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Nothing ventured nothing gained :thumbup: As I tried to convince myself with the Federal junk I tried!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You, I, and some others have said it time and time again. In the end, it is your end that counts. Different tires have different attitudes toward air pressure. It never hurts to experiment, but some things just don't need to be taken as gospel. Air it back up and enjoy it like you are supposed to.

Best Wishes.
TX, it was strictly an experiment. I rode it that way for 50 miles on roads I often travel so I would know what to expect. I guess the best way to explain it would be like this. It was kinda like one of them hoochy girls you see in the movies, swinging there back side from left to right as the walk to their favorite corner!:22yikes: Neither is my cup of tea!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
TX, it was strictly an experiment. I rode it that way for 50 miles on roads I often travel so I would know what to expect. I guess the best way to explain it would be like this. It was kinda like one of them hoochy girls you see in the movies, swinging there back side from left to right as the walk to their favorite corner!:22yikes: Neither is my cup of tea!:thumbup:
Hoochy girls :shrug::lol: how old are you man like a 100 ;) hoochy girls :p

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I thought they we called HOOCHY COOCHY GIRLS. :shrug:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rocket I didn't mean to upset you I was just wondern? You seem a bet touchy tonight. I bow to your superior knowlege. I'm on your side.:bow:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Easy Slim, easy:lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts