GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buy songs from I-Tunes for my I-pod, and back them up with a USB thumb nail file after transfering them to my I-pod for safe keeping.
I can pull back into my library in I-Tunes from the USB file and play them but only with the USB file plugged-in on my computor.

BUT, when trying to play those tunes from my library in I-Tunes on my computor without the USB file, it's telling me the system can't find the file.

Question: How can I play my tunes from the USB file on my computor library again without the USB file?

Anyone tell me what's wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can add your music to ITunes by using the Add File To Library (1 song) or Add Folder TO Library (folder with many songs) command from the FILE dropdown on the toolbar at the top of your ITunes window. This will add it to ITunes and show the new song(s) with a black checkmark in the blue square to the left of the song(s) you added .. Sue

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You can also set iTunes to copy the songs to your library when you add them. (I think that's the default setting)

If that's not set... when you played the songs from the USB drive, iTunes added them to your library with the file path set to the USB drive (which is why when the drive isn't plugged in, you can't play them.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It work, thanks People for your help......... you are the greatest.

It turns out I had about 20 Christmas songs from last year that I bought and stored
on USB thumb nail file, and couldn't figure out how to get them back on my computor.

Thanks Again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.