GL1800Riders Forums banner

I Walk In w/ My Rim & Tire & They Say... No !

2K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  roundgunner 
#1 ·
Discount tire guy-We don't do motorcycle tires.

Me- Its not a motorcycle tire.

Dtg- That's a motorcycle rim.

Me- Not any more. Its a trailer rim. He gives me the look.

Dtg- $180 RF on a trailer?

Me- To match the one other other side.

Dtg- No can do. We might break your rim.

Me- OK... Give me back my $180. Ill get somebody else to mount it for me.

Dtg- You didn't buy that here. You don't have a receipt. Do you ?

Me- :cool:

Its on. All I need now is my numba and my sticka to make it official.

See less See more
#7 ·
Lets just hope they didn't ding up the bead putting it on! That happened with my first CT but they did replace it and all is going swell now!!

#8 ·
I've got a great local tire guy near Pickwick Dam, TN., Pickwick Dam is at the triangle of Alabama/Mississippi and Tennessee. I call him up and order my CT, they call me when the tire is in, and lay my bike over and pull the tire and a hour or so later putting the new RF CT back on....
Anyone in my area that needs help getting a tire mounted PM me... We'll get it done!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#11 ·
tire change

Welcome to the Enlightened... er Darkside. Too bad you dont live in my neck of the woods, I do my own tire changes as well as for my friends, I even give them a beer [ it keeps em coming back and I get to have all the fun]. The charge for my labor is the sticker that comes on the tire, which then goes on my garage door. :joke:
Andy

#12 ·
Welcome aboard now get some good mile on that car tire. Don't forget we have a Darkside Run In Oct Hope alot of new guys make it and share what they have been missing.

#13 ·
:luck: Your gonna like it A Huh, A Huh, you'll like it A Huh. Congrats and welcome to the Darkside.

#16 ·
Discount told me the same thing. So I bought mine on line ,and mounted it myself.They said it was a liability thing.There loss.

Barry
:shrug: I had good luck at DT. I asked them if they would mount a CT on a Motorcycle wheel, he said, "No problem, but you have to do your own research, being we can't recommend a CT for your bike." So far I had them mount two CT's.

I've went a few rounds with a manager @ Wally World though, with putting bigger tires on my truck though. Ended up bringing the truck to DT and no problem.

#18 ·
BLUENOSE Pickwick Dam, Tennessee is approx. 110 miles East of Bartlett, Tennessee. I can see Alabama and Mississippi while I'm having my morning coffee. We are near Pickwick Dam on the Tennessee River, and Pickwick Landing State Park. I live at the junction of the Tennessee River and Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway on Pickwick Lake. PM me if you head over this way as we have some nice motorcycle roads in the area...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Chip...

#22 ·
Discount told me the same thing. So I bought mine on line ,and mounted it myself.They said it was a liability thing.There loss.

Barry
My last Pirelli was mounted by Discount...guy forced me to tell him what it came from (it was a bare rim...)or they wouldn't mount it. He didn't seem to care, entered it in the computer, and by the time I got done paying, it was mounted & next to my car.

#25 ·
I've got a great local tire guy near Pickwick Dam, TN., Pickwick Dam is at the triangle of Alabama/Mississippi and Tennessee. I call him up and order my CT, they call me when the tire is in, and lay my bike over and pull the tire and a hour or so later putting the new RF CT back on....
Anyone in my area that needs help getting a tire mounted PM me... We'll get it done!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Hey, I know where you're at... My wife is from Iuka. Bought my Wing from Lake Hill Motors in Corinth. Will be getting my first BMT soon.

#26 ·
I got mine done at the local Honda shop. My only problem was what direction to run the front / rear Battleax. Both ways are wrong / right. He put the dana beads in too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.