GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one, and where do I get it FAST?

The dealer could not set the sensors on my 2018 when I swapped wheels. They said they didn't have "the cable" they need. :crying:

I want to buy the tool so I can reset them myself. I am leaving on my tour in about 10 days. All help is appreciated!

Joe

·
Love The DCT
11,327 Posts
The TPMS tool referenced in the service manual is the ATEQ 36. However, it needs a software update to work with the 18 wing’s sensors. Fred H has posted on this subject before.

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang. Well, I am wondering if something from the 200 different makes and models on Amazon would work. Sadly, there is no easy way to get the answer. I think I will stop by discount Tire and see if they can work some magic!

Joe

·
Vendor
21,306 Posts
Dang. Well, I am wondering if something from the 200 different makes and models on Amazon would work. Sadly, there is no easy way to get the answer. I think I will stop by discount Tire and see if they can work some magic!

Joe

Its possible that there could be one out there that works. The problem is you not only would have to try each one, they all have multiple settings (sometimes over 100) so you would have to test each setting on every tool.

The tool Honda calls out in the service manual does not currently work because it does not contain the correct communication protocol. It should work once ATEQ makes an update for it. I checked with them yesterday about it, and they are still looking into it.

The sensors in the new Wing are made by a Japanese company called Pacific Industrial Co. Ltd. http://www.pacific-ind.co.jp/eng/products/car/tpms/

·
GL1800 Doctor
19,305 Posts
Its possible that there could be one out there that works. The problem is you not only would have to try each one, they all have multiple settings (sometimes over 100) so you would have to test each setting on every tool.

The tool Honda calls out in the service manual does not currently work because it does not contain the correct communication protocol. It should work once ATEQ makes an update for it. I checked with them yesterday about it, and they are still looking into it.
So, who dropped the ball at Honda? Selling a product for more than a year that can’t be serviced is not good business.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
goldwing

I know you shouldn't have to do this on a $24,000+ new bike. But in the mean time carry a tire pressure gauge.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
77 Posts
Has there been any update here. I just bought a new rear wheel/tire take-off and hoping to swap it onto my bike soon. It sure would be nice to have TPMS working.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I sold my Ateq VT15 and bought an Ateq VT36. It works fine on my 2018 motorcycle and will also work on
my Ford Edge when I rotate the tires. I had to update the software and database to be able to use it on my
2018 Goldwing. I think I read somewhere on this board that the Ateq VT15 can be updated to work on the
2018 Goldwings, but I'm not positive. It's less than 1/2 the price of the VT36.

·
Vendor
15,872 Posts
I'm told Snap-Ons new P1000 diagnostic tools is able to. However, when they demo'd it for me the other day, I was not impressed with their new "prize." Possibly I will with their new SW release in March. I believer the tool is a little over $4,000.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm told Snap-Ons new P1000 diagnostic tools is able to. However, when they demo'd it for me the other day, I was not impressed with their new "prize." Possibly I will with their new SW release in March. I believer the tool is a little over $4,000.
[/QUOTE

That's an awful lot of tire sensors and programming to recover that cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts