GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Valk standard with amber or yellow rear turn signal lens. Since I replaced the front turn signals with LED bullet lights, my rear turn signals are so bright that I need to change them to Red lens or otherwise turn them down. I had to splice the running lights and turn signals together to get the LED front lights to work right and now this is my result.
Help me solve this bright light in the back or help find red lens replacements for the yellow factory ones.
I searched Dennis Kirk and HDL until I got totally frustrated with this.Please help.:?:

·
Registered
251 Posts
valks red turn lite lens

Its been a few years now, but I went to a truck stop or parts house with my lens in hand found a lens that was good but needed to drill two mounting holes,did just that and it was good to go worked very well for the 50K i had that bike...hope this helps....

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I had my valk, I painted the inside of the lens with clear red model paint. It's not a paint but a stain, I just poured a bit in the lens and swoosh it around turn it upside down to let it dry. It looked like the real thing.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I believe old honda 750's work. If you don't know about it, you might want to try the VRCC (Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club) site or the VOAI site. A lot of great information from riders who have done exactly what you want to do.

Charlie Morse
Land Elephant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts