GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The buttons on my i-Way stopped working. I would press them and could feel them click but nothing would happen. I then took it off the bike and hooked it up in the house and it went to working fine. Works OK in the truck also. Any suggestions? Warranty about to expire.
Thanks.
James

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
What do you mean by the buttons 'not working'?

Does the GPS power on when you have it on the bike?

You say it works fine in your truck (speaker adapter?) and in the house (speaker adapter + power supply?)

If you can't reproduce the problem in these locations, it almost sounds like the power cable on the bike (or its' power source connection) is your problem, not the GPS itself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The unit will power on but you cannot change the brightness of the screen and I had to unplug the power to turn the unit off.
I have it hooked up on the bike with an E/C wiring harness.
Thanks,
James

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
So the power button doesn't work on the bike, but it works fine off the bike??? It is unlikely that this is a GPS problem, but you might want to arrange for a repair before the warranty expires.

Do you have a 12V accessory socket on the bike? If so, you could temporarily power it with your speaker adapter assembly and see what happens.

E/C sells a kit for the iWay?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mistake, Kennedy tech. setup. The one that intergrates the i-Way, radar detector and Cellphone.
I will try hooking up thru the 12 V acc. socket and try that.
Thanks for the input,
James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts