GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been on the board in about a year.

I had to sale my bike and it hurts to much to see all of you having so much fun and me not riding LOL.

When I had my 1800 I purchased the I-WAY 500 C and it has work great for the last year or so but now at times it will change screen view it will cycle through all three screens (3D, N,). I called the factory and they said I would need to send it back to them and they could fix it for $149.95.

Has anyone on here had that problem? Is there any fix that you may know of?

Thank you for any help you can give me on this.

Ken

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
There was an early batch of touch screens that caused that scenario - how far out of warranty is it?

You could petition the customer service manager if it's not too far out of warranty with the knowledge that this is a 'known' issue that has been addressed by them as a warranty failure...

The silver lining - at least the repair rate is less than Garmin's... :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL UNITS IN OUR CHAPTER THAT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. SO FAR LOWRANCE HAS NOT ONLY FIXED THE PROBLEM, THEY HAVE COVERED THE UPS CHRGES AS WELL.
IF YOU DO NOT GET ANY SATISFACTION FROM LOWRANCE, SEE IF THEY WILL EXCHANGE IT FOR THE iWAY 600 FOR THE QUOTED PRICE.
THE iWA 600 MACHINE IS ALSO CAPABLE OF USING LON. AND LAT. INSTALLED AS WAY POINTS. GREAT FOR MARINE USE AS WELL.
STILL A FAR SUPERIOR GPS THAN ANY THING ELSE ON THE MARKET.

RACER :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help.

I just got home and looked up the purchase date and it was 5-22-05 so it appears to be out of warranty by quite a bit.

I will give the factory a call tomorrow and see if they will do anything, if not I will just send it in and get it fixed. This is the first time I have had a problem so I guess I have been luck.

Again thank you for your responses.

Ken

·
Registered
39 Posts
My new I-way 500, only a couple of months old does that screen switch thing when I have the backlight setting at the highest mode. When I back it off one notch, it doesn't seem to have this problem. I have noticed that this unit puts out a lot of heat. I will contact Lawrence and see what they will do. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information I will try the back lightning at a lower level and see if that does make a difference.

Since this is for the car only now that I no longer have my bike it is not as critical to have it as bright.

Ken

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Mine was exibiting a similar problem. I've heard of the free shipping thing, but I've always had to pay for my own shipping. Even so, $150 is not that bad if they include the latest Navteq update ($75).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts