GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or do they ride Harleys...

Or something different, like a BSA, or Triumph or BMW.

They will be riding each other pretty soon!

Anyway - St. Louis is in the news...

Motorcycle gang members face murder, drug charges

The Associated Press
Posted on July 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Updated yesterday at 2:30 PM

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Eighteen members of a motorcycle gang known as Wheels of Soul face a federal indictment on charges ranging from racketeering to kidnapping to murder, including for fatal shootings in three different states.
The indictment handed up June 9 was unsealed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in St. Louis. It wasn't immediately clear if any of the defendants had attorneys.
The defendants are from seven states: Pennsylvania, Illinois, Ohio, Missouri, Colorado, Wisconsin and Kentucky.
The indictment alleges Wheels of Soul is governed by the "Mother Chapter" in Philadelphia. The gang is accused of distributing crack cocaine and committing acts of violence, often against rival gangs.
The indictment also accuses gang members in fatal shootings in St. Louis in 2009, in Chicago in January and in Marion, Ohio, in March.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Here is much more detail :: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/125469403.html

Personally... I've never heard of these guys until this story came out!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've never heard of them either....

Maybe The Funk Brothers decided to take up motorcycles, and gang life.....oh wait....they were out of Detroit!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Personally... I've never heard of these guys until this story came out!
I've been dealing with 1%ers off and on for over thirty years and have never had a problem.

There are a LOT of bike clubs we don't hear about unless they are involved with the police. There was a club in California that I was once affiliated with that never made the news as far as I know. It didn't bother the Riverside County Sheriff Dept, they still hired me as a deputy. (I declined at the last minute, but that's another story) but it screwed up my security clearance to the point that my FBI records eliminated me from a job at EG&G out here at the Test Site.

There're clubs into here in Las Vegas I've only run into once in all the years I've lived here. The Brothers of the Sun (all black) I met at a local biker's leather shop and even one of the Teamsters locals has a club. I met them when a couple stopped on the freeway to help some of us wingers on the way back from Mount Charleston. (I was going back to help a stranded motorhome and was finishing a u-turn on one of those gravel freeway turnaround things when I got too close to the edge and my wing slid into the depressed median. Meanwhile one of our other members had the lid of his CycleMate trailer rip off in the wind as it flipped his trailer over. His swivel hitch helped keep his Wing from being turned over as well.)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
"The next thing I know, a nice big gun was pointed at my face," said Pac-Man, 47, a walrus-sized man who asked to be identified by his club nickname."

I hope I'm never described as a walrus-sized man! :eek:4:

I think it's time to start working out again (and quit eating McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich).

You meet the nicest people on a ________. Oh wait...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts