GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what it would cost me for a new GoldWing? One that was worth riding, with all the "must have" upgrades to keep me from wobbling uncontrollably down the road on my sore butt, with my legs cramped and turbulence blowing my head around.

New Airbag model with all the factory options $$$$$

Immediately rip the rotten OEM tires off and replace with (fill in the blank with your current favorite) $$$$$$$

Scrap the crappy bearings for All Balls $$$$

Get the full Traxxion upgrade right away $$$$

Gotta have a custom, made to order seat $$$$

Replace the dim/dull lights with some sort of super high intensity, asphalt melting bulbs and add ons. $$$$

Change the oil at least three times in the first 1,000 miles and replace with the most expensive, newly formulated, motorcycle specific oil available. $$$$

Dump the factory windshield for a taller/shorter/wider/better one with a "lip" on it. $$$$$

Replace the inferior Honda Nav with something much more high tech and feature rich. $$$$$

Have rewiring done so that I can open the garage door with the turn signal button and program the coffee pot/microwave with the radio volume control. $$$$

Rip out the speakers and replace with Better ones. $$$$

Install an air cushion on my custom seat to fine tune the comfort. $$$

Install all available bolt on "wings" and deflectors to divert and redirect the wind and make the ride cooler/warmer. $$$$

Modify the turn signal relays/wiring/switches to insure they stay on as long as I want them too. $$$$

Replace the mirrors with "Muth" or some other high end, better mirror. $$$

Have the wheels chromed or powder coated. $$$$

Install all the necessary chrome, LED lights, rings of fire, highway pegs, cup holders, armrests, floorboards, and gadgets to make life bearable aboard. $$$$$

Set aside a "contingency fund" for all the extras that I will discover are indispensable after my first ride. $$$$

New, color matched riding gear (flip flops and novelty helmet) $

Maybe I'll just keep riding my old '05 and buy a color matched Corvette (yellow of course) instead.

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
Don't forget that new nitrogen enriched fuel. You wouldn't want to use plain old regular in your fancy new wing would you?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
How about an oil plug with an Oring Built in like some other Bikes have.
No more Crush washers that by the way Last well over 200,000 miles :shock:

Sounds like you got a good $60K bike there.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Could you immagine how crappy life would be if we didn't have choices. All you did was to show a few choices one has as a motorcycle owner. Soooo...which ones are you buying?
Or are you just getting ready to ride?:coffee1:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I just visited a local dealer - looking at an 09 air bagger. Out the Door with California's 9 1/4 % tax, license, and documentation fees 25,199. And THEN the fun beigins. I can't imagine -- easily 35K by the time it's the way I want it. Think I'll keep my 04 - at least for a while yet. Heck it's only got 110,000 on it.

Cheers!

http://www.jimnlyn.com

B

·
0 Posts
I would keep the '05 until Honda comes up with something major and new, but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I would keep the '05 until Honda comes up with something major and new, but that's just me.

I'm glad you said that.
Not that I have anything against the new wing, (except the ugly tail lights)
But really , they don't look or ride any different. at least not enough to spend that kind of money on.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotta fess up guys. No intention of actually buying a new wing. Still perfectly happy with the '05 and expect to be for a long time. Just amazed at the amount of money you can spend.

R

·
0 Posts
Gotta fess up guys. No intention of actually buying a new wing. Still perfectly happy with the '05 and expect to be for a long time. Just amazed at the amount of money you can spend.
If you buy it from Honda 25,000.00 dollars. If you buy it from our government 2.6 billion.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you buy it from Honda 25,000.00 dollars. If you buy it from our government 2.6 billion.
Could I get a rebate, bailout? Maybe national bike care for the Wing owners that don't have extended warranties?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Your list brought on few chuckles thanks ! while I was doing my home work, (shopping) and I had thoughts of new wing, decide to find a used one, with low miles and had been taken care of, not to big on shinny stuff, but the suspension upgrade and few other things, add up quickly and for my budget, new was out of the question, so I bought an 04 with low miles, just had honda do the 12,000 mile service, along with a good checking out, and order some new shoes, some stones, along with that, I call traxxion and set up appointment in two weeks, for the full monty, some may call me a little crazy for putting this much in a used bike, but if she will run a hundred thousand plus miles and last the next ten years, handle like a dream, I shall be one happy camper, lol again thanks for chuckle !

R

·
0 Posts
Could I get a rebate, bailout? Maybe national bike care for the Wing owners that don't have extended warranties?

No, no, no, none of that, but it does come with the upgraded weapons system and complete heads up display. Yee Haw! I want one. :lol:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, no, no, none of that, but it does come with the upgraded weapons system and complete heads up display. Yee Haw! I want one. :lol:
Haven't you heard; they have cut out the weapons system. We have recently become friends with the world and have been welcomed into the civilized (european) world community. Heads up display still available. It's "transparent" you know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts