GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if the dark side made it better? This am I made about 100 mile ride to work ,so it was dark out ! I got off the interstate Making right turn with yield sign hit the Gas & Back end kicks out ,let off throttle comes back a little & hit throttle again got it recovered ! I was just wondering if I had a bike tire on if the back end would it have really spun around! About a mile up ,18 wheeler off to side must of had some type leak such as oil or grease!!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I wonder if the dark side made it better? This am I made about 100 mile ride to work ,so it was dark out ! I got off the interstate Making right turn with yield sign hit the Gas & Back end kicks out ,let off throttle comes back a little & hit throttle again got it recovered ! I was just wondering if I had a bike tire on if the back end would it have really spun around! About a mile up ,18 wheeler off to side must of had some type leak such as oil or grease!!
Car tires on wings in my mind seem to react better to slippery pavement . My thinking is more rubber on the ground at any angle and even more so when riding straight up and down gives us more traction. Traction is the reason I truly live the Darkside .

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
I tell people go down the road and slam on rear brake - same speed with mc tire - then ct . My 05 ( no abs ) real hard to lock up ! Miles = smiles be safe !

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Car tires on wings in my mind seem to react better to slippery pavement . My thinking is more rubber on the ground at any angle and even more so when riding straight up and down gives us more traction. Traction is the reason I truly live the Darkside .
But not the only reason. ;);):lol:. I hope you made it through your weekend OK. John

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I used to break traction somewhat frequently when I was using mc rear tires. I've only lost traction once with car tire, and only just a tiny slip. Of course , I never intentionally try to lose traction...

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
What tire you running mr. scootinn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts