GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
If 5 out of 9 Jiffy Lube did that, imagine how many Honda Stealers do it and have been doing it for years, and gotten away with it. It pays to do your own maintenance, but sometimes there are items that the ones that do their own maintenance, don't do themselves. We are really at the Stealer's mercy.
Perhaps we need to install hidden cameras on our Wings as well.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
A shop, any shop, is only as honest as the individual working on your vehicle. I've worked at automobile dealerships that had fired, and even got police involved with dishonest employees. While the shop management and most employees had high ethical standards, there are always a few that did not.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
That's why I'm happy I found an honest dealer and I support them as much has I can - even if it costs more than buying stuff from high volume discount places on the internet. So far it's been cheaper because they give me such good deals. I'll be more than willing to pay more for the extended warranty when the time comes.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Chenango Imort Motors...New Hartford, NY...Ronny is the guy...

G

·
Rob(in S.C.) said:
if any Honda dealers are guilty of similar practices...say an air filter change on a GL1800 for instance...

This involves Jiffy Lube, but could apply to any shop.

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.i ... 3.200k.asx
Ok, here's my question on Jiffy Lube fruad.
What reason would any wrench have to pull this on customer's.
Does Jiffy Lube give a bonus to pull this crap to the wrench, and why does it take so long for all this be expose to the public with so many wrench's in volved.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Gonna be a big change - Geroge, you change with Sam; Sam you change with Pete; Pete, you change change with John, etc etc. Meanwhile, life goes on.......

·
Registered
922 Posts
Always ask for old parts in advance, and while at Jiffy lube I always stay in the bay and watch them.....But I always prefer to do it myself. My GW will be getting the air filter changed next week, dealer will do it. It's more for my records and piece of mind. They wont see me again till the 32 k checkup. Not that i dont trust them it's just that I will take my time and be more aware of things than a mech under preasure to get it done.

·
Registered
525 Posts
This wrench was in on the scam. Think about. An employee is caught shining a bit of work, gets caught on video tape by the local TV station and the first thing he does is call the district manager. Does that sound like normal behavior? Only if the DM is the organizer. So KNBC tracks down the DM who pretends he is a customer. LOL!

This one is organized as high as the district level.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If it were one station, I would assume the occasional bad apple. 5 out of 9 stations visited? Plus the district manager lies about his name, his job and his responsibility? Seems like corporate policy to me. Am passing this on to my children..at least one uses Jiffy Lube.

Ride long and safe..and when one has found a good mechanic, hang on to him/her.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts