GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest customer's dad, flies Ian in to pick up his Wing. Once Ian lands at the Zephyrhills airport, he Ubers over, about 5 miles, and picks up his Wing and rides it home. The reverse happened when he dropped it off. The airplane is a 1967 Eurocoupe.

Ian owned his first GoldWing when he was 14 years old; his 2003 is his 3rd. I believe Ian is now 26 years old. His Wing came in to have the kill switch assembly replace.

·
Registered
909 Posts
You'll kill yourself in an Ercoupe, there's no way to spin it. Like ABS it encourages tomfoolery.

Tongue firmly in cheek of course.

·
Vendor
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea what it even is. Ian's dad also has a 1964 something with overhead wings and ballon tires because they live on a private grass air strip shared by 20 other homes. His dad also has a helicopter. Apparently his dad is mainly a helicopter pilot.

·
Vendor
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now that's real dedication to your GW service person. Where do they live, not exactly to avoid privacy, what state?
Wings come here from all over the US. My farthest customers from Portland, OR and Los Angeles, CA. For transmission repair, they will often fly into Tampa International airport, somehow get here, and ride home. However, many are more local, and that means they'll come from anywhere in the state Florida. In Ian's case, I believe he lives in the Daytona area (east cost). By airplane I believe the average trip is about an hour. I think he said he would owe his dad about $68 bucks for gas which is cheaper then him trailering his Wing to and from.

Currently there is a Wing here from Alabama, Maine, and one in route from Virginia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts