GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completed my first IBA ride over the weekend…a quick tour of Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. Did the 1000+ miles in 19 hours and that included a two-hour construction delay and a one-hour lunch stop. Realized I had made a minor error on my paperwork that had been mailed just hours earlier. Sent an email to the IBA to let them know and apologize for the mistake. Within an hour or two I got a note from Michael Kneebone telling me not to worry. It was a great ride and I look forward to joining the official ranks of the World’s Toughest Riders!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Congrats, DT.
I plan to give that a try as well this summer. I'm sure it will be
much easier on the new Wing than it would be on my cruiser. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did my first in Alaska. We went from Glenn Allen to Fairbanks down to Anchorage, then to Seward and back to Anchorage (where I lived) 8) . that was a wonderful tour but my wife didn't get to go. So, on the 9th and 10th of this month my friend who came down for the IBA dinner in Daytiona, myself and my wife did a Saddle Sore of 1084 miles in 20.5 starting in Augusta, over to Savanah, down to Orlando over to Tampa/StPetersburg then up to Macon and over to August. It was a neat trip especially for this time of year (for my friend from Alaksa). In fact he is coming back this way in the middle of May and before he gets here he is going to the Spring Fling in Seattle then going down to San Diego, CA and then to Jacksonville, FL doing a coast to coast in 50 Hrs (50cc). After he spends a couple of days here in Augusta hes off to do an Ultimate Coast to Coast which is the furthest southeastern point in the Florida Keys to Prudoe Bay, ALaksa the furthest Northwestern Point. He's planning on 15 day s to complete it. This guy is a riding fool :p . Anyway, enjoy the IBA and have many rides and be safe.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the dark side! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts