GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a small video on my install

This is the IBF9, I already put the Male/Female connectors on the red and Blue wires and extended the length of the Black wire.

Locate this connector, under the seat, on the right side of the frame

This is the connecter where the brake wire is. This is the Green wire with Red stripe that the IBF9 is going to be wired to.

I used this crimp tool and connectors to put a male/female on the cut wire, so I can restore the normal brake light operation if the IBF9 goes bad.

Look how nice it crimps

Connections are made, Red from brake switch, Blue to bulbs, Black to ground.

When all the connections are made, I tucked the IBF9 down into the gap by the right saddle bag.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Nice job, thanks. But I hate cutting wires, since I don't seem to know what I'm doing when it comes to wiring. I do want a modulating tail light, but want something really simple like just changing a bulb, etc.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I like this. Very simple. I have a Back-Off Brake Hold Module that I have never installed. This would be an easier install and just as effective. Thanks for the pictorial.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My way of Paying it Forward for all the other great tips and advise I've had from others on this forum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:luck:Thanks for putting the video together.:thumbup: With this type of installation will it also make my trailer lights operate the same as the Bike?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts