Registered
664 Posts

·
Administrator
3,579 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Very interesting. The idea of rallies is fun to me and I've looked into some local ones, but I can't imagine getting excited about doing an IBR.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting. The idea of rallies is fun to me and I've looked into some local ones, but I can't imagine getting excited about doing an IBR.
It's certainly not for everyone. When I had the stamina, I didn't have the money. I'm not the least bit sure I ever had the organizational skills...<BBG>

·
Registered
633 Posts
It's certainly not for everyone. When I had the stamina, I didn't have the money. I'm not the least bit sure I ever had the organizational skills...<BBG>
dont take yourself out Ben.
start small local/regional 12, 24 or other multiple day rally's to hone your skill sets and learn from your mistakes (and those of others!)
"THE VOID" will be running in October.
plenty of time to get in and test the waters!
and youll get PLENTY of help from the rest of the field!

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont take yourself out Ben.
start small local/regional 12, 24 or other multiple day rally's to hone your skill sets and learn from your mistakes (and those of others!)
"THE VOID" will be running in October.
plenty of time to get in and test the waters!
and youll get PLENTY of help from the rest of the field!
Thanks. I have done lots of shorter LD runs through the years. There was time when I could do the IBR ride and maybe even plan and apply the strategy but that's behind me. A couple 700 to 800 mile days back to back are about all I can safely manage any more and they aren't as much fun as they once were. I do admire IBR riders and envy their skills, perseverance and determination.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts