GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded ice chest on my kwik camp. now Im trying to find a cover for it.
To have one made it would be about $ 200 to$ 250.00. any suggestions.
thanks....

·
Registered
165 Posts
My Kwik Kamp had a Red vinyl cover that looked bad with the new paint job I put on it. So I went to a local upholstery shop and he made a cover for my trailer and ice chest and spare tire for $450. Just shop around or don't put a cover on it. You could also put it in one of those Aluminum boxes for trailer tongues. I looked at all of those options.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
WOW 200 to 250 for an ice chest cover,,,,,,:eek:4:
Was he offering a dinner and a kiss first.....

Yes indeed shop around, a basic cover with a zipper top shouldn't be that much. My local guy made just a wrap style to cover the Ugliness of an old Coleman cooler in just a few minutes while I waited, and then only charged like $25......

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Me thinks you need to find a new upholstery shop that isn't trying to rip you off.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I had a shop make a cooler cover for my regular green and white Coleman cooler for about $70. Don't pay too much! :thumbup:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I upgraded ice chest on my kwik camp. now Im trying to find a cover for it.
To have one made it would be about $ 200 to$ 250.00. any suggestions.
thanks....
Kwick Kamp Trailers

Kwick Kamp Trailers and Parts
705 West 8th
Idalou, Texas 79329
(806) 892-2450 or (806) 438-7204
[email protected]

The Outfitters Canvas Repair
Carrol and Della Ewing
5818-A HWY. 84
Lawn, Texas 79530
(325) 583-2325 or (806) 438-7204
[email protected]

Carrol and Della Ewing know there stuff when it comes to canvas
Repairs and custom work for your camp
trailer or tent.

They make the covers for the Kwik
Kamp

Some handy packing lists:

http://www.gwtatexasb.com/camping.html

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a black cooler cover that came with my Kwick Kamp. I sold the camper and ended up with it. It is suppose to fit the original cooler that came with the unit. Can't remember what it was called but it had metal with the plastic. Anyway, I will give it to you if you want it. Just email me your address.

Don Pittillo
2004 White GL1800 Gold Wing Lehman Trike
[email protected]

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a black cooler cover that came with my Kwick Kamp. I sold the camper and ended up with it. It is suppose to fit the original cooler that came with the unit. Can't remember what it was called but it had metal with the plastic. Anyway, I will give it to you if you want it. Just email me your address.

thanks Don , but I have the cooler and cover that came with the camper . I up graded to a 5 day cooler .whitch is a lot bigger. Ice is supose to last 5 days at 90 degrees. we will see.. but I want to get a white one. the one that came with the camper is velcro top and sides are velcro and all double stitched . but thanks for the offer..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
In the shade, not ever opening it and sitting still without the 100 degree air blowing by it at 75 mph. Then the ice might last 3 days. Might

1 - 13 of 13 Posts