GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.As Some of you know I am in the beginning stages of trying to find a good fitting,Lightweight & high airflow helmet for summer days ..I did as many have suggested I went down to the local Bike shop to try on helmets,Not very many brands.I tried The scorpions Hjc,Icon & gmax.,They did not have any shoei or arai to try..After trying on about 6 different helmets,The Icon seemed to fit the best,no movement for the back or sides,Even though the sides were a little tight.So has anyone used The icon airframe?..How do you like it?..Can you put communications in it?..Whats your opinion on it?..

I guess from what I can tell I have an egg shaped head,With the narrow part of the egg being at the bottom..So Anyone have any comparable helmets I should look at?..Thanks For all the help..

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I know it sounds like a broken record (I also know most here know what those are LOL), but find a larger shop with a helmet person and get fitted. I mean a helmet person, and not someone that tells you how it looks on your head. It really is worth the effort.

Once you find out which ones "really" fit, you can go from there.

The Airframes are good lids for sure, I know one of the Icons didn't seem to have room for headsets, but they don't fit me well so I didn't place that one in the memory banks.

Take the effort to find a good shop. They normally have lots of choice and price ranges and most important will get you fitted right. That will make the comfort better and Heaven forbid, it will protect best if it is needed.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it sounds like a broken record (I also know most here know what those are LOL), but find a larger shop with a helmet person and get fitted. I mean a helmet person, and not someone that tells you how it looks on your head. It really is worth the effort.

Once you find out which ones "really" fit, you can go from there.

The Airframes are good lids for sure, I know one of the Icons didn't seem to have room for headsets, but they don't fit me well so I didn't place that one in the memory banks.

Take the effort to find a good shop. They normally have lots of choice and price ranges and most important will get you fitted right. That will make the comfort better and Heaven forbid, it will protect best if it is needed.

Cheers
I hear you..I am going to try & find a shoei dealer also..I like the information on the shoei 1100..I may have to go to atlanta..

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
I've had an airframe for the last 60k miles. Good fit for my head and good air flow. A bit noisy but fine with earplugs. Buy it on the tight side and don't be afraid to take a grinder to the foam. J&M elites fit fine.

DOT and Snell approved. Buy the optional smoke fog free visor also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts