GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
'21 GW Tour, 'O6 GL1800
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all may have heard that line a few times when telling people about our motorcycle travels. What other lines have you heard and your responses?

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
1,083 Posts
My brother in laws sister's boyfriend......

• Haha
Reactions: ssncob

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Aren't you hot with all that stuff on? 🙄 HD guys love that one.

And everyone wants to tell you the horror story on how someone they know died on a MC. No one ever wants to tell you about the guy who rode hundreds of thousands of miles and still loves it

·
Registered
209 Posts
Them: You're crazy ridding that far on a motorcycle.
Me: Have you ever ridden a motorcycel that far? If not then how do you know it's crazy?

Last week (6-5-22) I was at Clingman's Dome in Smokey Mountain Natl Park and parked beside a Jeep with 2 guys and their girlfriends or wife's and this one guy starts boosting about motorcycles. He proceeded to tell the "GIRLS" that he really liked my FJR and that it was just a smaller version of a Goldwing, blah, blah, blah:rolleyes:. No, I didn't correct him, just let him have his moment. After we walked off my wife says, "Even I know an FJR is a Yamaha not a Honda":giggle:.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
35 degrees and raining. I pull into a bank drive-thru.

Teller: Oh, you poor dear, aren't you cold? Be careful.

Me: Being safe and warm isn't the most important thing in life.

·
Registered
948 Posts
IceFields Parkway, Alberta Canada - " Don't mind me asking where are you from. Me - Michigan in the USA. Where are your riding buddies? Me - Don't have any, no one wants to ride with a 71 year old Crab! " End of conversation. If they haven't tried it you'll never understand. Ride safe, enjoy the ride.

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
1,052 Posts
And everyone wants to tell you the horror story on how someone they know died on a MC.
Have an in-law that keeps calling our Wing a "Murdercycle". Safety seems to be about all we ever hear about.
I always chuckle when someone approaches me on my 2018 and asked me if its one of the new Harleys….
WTH? You have to be kidding :oops:

·
Super Moderator
9,135 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts