GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on how to mount spare tire on Tailwind Trailer....anyone do that?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Without a picture of your trailer, I’d say mount it underneath forward of the axle on or near the tongue and trailer front.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
TAILWIND ONLY ONE KIND ! STILL THE SAME . CK WITH THEM TO SEE IF HAVE KIT TO BUY / COPY PLENTY OUT THERE SHOULD BE SOMEONE CHIMING IN. TOM FINCH OWNS COMPANY AND HAVING A "PARTY" :surprise::serious::frown2: FOR HIM IN SAN ANTONIO ON THE 10 TH ALL WELCOME . HE HAS THE "C" WORD .

·
Registered
560 Posts
Since there is an onboard air compressor, I just put a tire plug kit it the trailer and don’t worry about a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since there is an onboard air compressor, I just put a tire plug kit it the trailer and don’t worry about a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind-a agreeing with you......

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I don’t run a spare tire/wheel assembly on my bushtec’s Either. Compressor/patch-plug kit/tube.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
If I were going to go all belt & suspenders and carry a spare, even though it is larger, it would be bike rear wheel not trailer tire.

The Tailwind tires (or complete wheels) are readily available at WalMart and similar if you ever mangle one beyond all plugability.

Roll the dice.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just carried a plug kit and as said above, Walmart or the such have a replacement just waiting for the need. If I did want to carry, I would figure out how to carry it inside the trailer or possilby McGuyver something that would carry it on the support arm for the tongue shock.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
A "U" bolt that fits your lug pattern over the tongue. Works like a charm. Just carry a box end wrench or a socket. Works fine, lasts long time....

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
A "U" bolt that fits your lug pattern over the tongue. Works like a charm. Just carry a box end wrench or a socket. Works fine, lasts long time....
In general, sure. Has anyone done that successfully on the Tailwind's unique draw bar? As shown in the photo in the earlier post.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Mebbe I'm kinda slow but why not just put it in the trailer?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Big Bird, why yes I have. I put it under the box, it doesn't show. In front of the axel. Incase you need it, you take the trailer off the bike and tip the tongue up for easy access to the bolts and wheel. Work smart not hard.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Big Bird, why yes I have. I put it under the box, it doesn't show. In front of the axel. Incase you need it, you take the trailer off the bike and tip the tongue up for easy access to the bolts and wheel. Work smart not hard.
Aha! So under the tongue towards the back, not mixing it up with the bend & shock.

I would have assume problems with ground clearance but I guess not. Cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts