GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a way to check the air filter condition without tearing into the air box? I thought I read something about using one of those remote camera to probe the air box.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Has anyone found a way to check the air filter condition without tearing into the air box? I thought I read something about using one of those remote camera to probe the air box.
Yep, I've used one of those to check for a mouse in the filter housing - all clear and saved a lot of work. A few dollar ebay purchase and it plugs into my phone, the cable is 4 meters long so it's very useful for other stuff too.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yep, I've used one of those to check for a mouse in the filter housing - all clear and saved a lot of work. A few dollar ebay purchase and it plugs into my phone, the cable is 4 meters long so it's very useful for other stuff too.
Where do you enter the camera at to get into the airbox?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Where do you enter the camera at to get into the airbox?
Through the intake duct in the fairing. However, if you have covered the snorkels with wire mesh (which you should do on the FIRST filter change), you won't be able to get past it with the camera. I'm considering investing in a camera to just leave inside the housing - the built-in LEDs should light it up plenty to see what is going on. Maybe lead the wire out to coil up under the left glove box.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Through the intake duct in the fairing. However, if you have covered the snorkels with wire mesh (which you should do on the FIRST filter change), you won't be able to get past it with the camera. I'm considering investing in a camera to just leave inside the housing - the built-in LEDs should light it up plenty to see what is going on. Maybe lead the wire out to coil up under the left glove box.
What he said! :wink2:
Crouch down beside your front wheel and feed the camera up into the air intake.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm considering investing in a camera to just leave inside the housing - the built-in LEDs should light it up plenty to see what is going on. Maybe lead the wire out to coil up under the left glove box.
I like that idea since cameras are so inexpensive now. My only concern would be dirt build up on the lens after a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts