GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum I have A 2010 GL 1800 A7 model wing that has and idle surging problem and on a few occasions, the engine has tried to find correct idle speed and died, on restart it ran fine and no FI lite. I read that Its likely the Idle Air Control Valve and my maintenance book outlines the procedure for testing the IACV. I would like to replace the valve but I cannot find a part number and have been told there is no listing for the IACV. any one know the part number or were to order a valve.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Part number is 16022-MCA-003 rotary air control valve

Reactions: cycledude

·
Administrator
3,725 Posts
I can't help you with your question, but I CAN welcome you to the forum!

Howdy, partner!

Glen

·
Registered
89 Posts
New to forum I have A 2010 GL 1800 A7 model wing that has and idle surging problem and on a few occasions, the engine has tried to find correct idle speed and died, on restart it ran fine and no FI lite. I read that Its likely the Idle Air Control Valve and my maintenance book outlines the procedure for testing the IACV. I would like to replace the valve but I cannot find a part number and have been told there is no listing for the IACV. any one know the part number or were to order a valve.
You might try pulling the IAC and cleaning the passageways that run to it in the throttle body, this has been an issue on mine in the past. Be sure to use an actual throttle body cleaner and not carburetor cleaner or brake cleaner. The entire air cleaner box comes out to get to it.

·
Vendor
22,070 Posts
Before you replace the IAC, I'd make two recommendations.

1. Perform the ECM reset procedure. It will establish new learned values for the IAC operation.
2. If problem persists, check for a mouse nest inside the airbox.

I'd also suggest you post these types of questions in the Tech section of the forum so they don't get overlooked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts