GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 GL1800 with 5,000 miles. Sometimes after stopping or going slow in 1st gear motor idle surges up-down-up-down almost to the point of stopping? I will tell this to local dealer when I have the Recall inspected next week...just wondered if anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2010 model also and experienced the same thing when I used gas that had alcohol in it. I try to use only gas without alcohol and have not had any problems since.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have the same surge in my '10. It looks like a 200 rpm surge watching the tach. Since I cannot find non diluted gasoline I am stuck with the surge if that is the problem yet my '02 never had a surge in it and still does not have it running the same gas. Now if we can find the difference or change in the '02 and '10 that might narrow down the problem. That would be for the major Guru's here on the board.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Idle surge issues, most of the time, can be corrected with an ECM reset....

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
ECM reset -- yup

Cold bike --- start bike and let it warm up til fans kick on. Turn off, then restart and it's reset.

DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE DURING THIS PROCEDURE or it will not work.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've got the same issue here, does it every once in awhile it will start surging, I have to take it to the dealer for the Navi unit and radio issues so I'll have them check that too while it's there.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
My '06, '08, and now my '09 does it. Pain in the backside when riding the curves. :cus: None of my early model 18's did it! Probably has something to do with the high altitude here in Fl.... :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts