GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When your bike is warm, what does it idle at? Mine seems to hover between 900 to 1000 rpms and I thought this was a tad high. My gas mileage sucks right now, not sure it's me with a new bike or what but I get about 170 miles to a full tank of gas. I have a 2013 F6B. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
Hoovers around or fluctuates between those numbers. If it fluctuates up and down, then do the reset procedure for the ECM and it should then be steady. Won't help the fuel economy though, its just the idle map.

prs

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
My '06 idles between 700 and 1000 RPM when it's warm, so I would say you're right on the money. Do an ECM reset like PR suggested.

As far as the mileage, around town, stop-and-go traffic, red lights, etc....I get between 160-180 miles out of a tank. When I'm on the road and using cruise control, I can get between 210-230, depending on my speed. I make regular trips to Atlanta from Jacksonville. If I take the backroads where my speed is limited to 60-65 mph, I can easily get 230 miles out of a tankful. On the interstate with the cruise set on 75, it's around 210 miles.

Sadly, the F6B doesn't have cruise control. :cry:

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
My '06 idles between 700 and 1000 RPM when it's warm, so I would say you're right on the money. Do an ECM reset like PR suggested.

As far as the mileage, around town, stop-and-go traffic, red lights, etc....I get between 160-180 miles out of a tank. When I'm on the road and using cruise control, I can get between 210-230, depending on my speed. I make regular trips to Atlanta from Jacksonville. If I take the backroads where my speed is limited to 60-65 mph, I can easily get 230 miles out of a tankful. On the interstate with the cruise set on 75, it's around 210 miles.

You are running that tank pretty near to dry ;-)

I imagine cruise can be added to the F6B, I put an Audivox cruise on my VTX and it works better than the ones on most GL18's. The one I used is a bit more complicated than the current Audivox model.

prs

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mileage

My 06 does exactly the same. Best I ever got was going south to north in Yellowstone Park for a hundred miles (speed limit 45mph), got 50MPG but damn it took forever to get out of that park!!

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I was told by an f6b owner you cannot add cruise control to the f6b. All you can do is get a throttle support
The audiovox after market worked on Valkyries first done by Dave Sproul so the f6b should be no exception.

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/shoptalk/cruise-control.htm

This Rostra kit requiring no vacuum looks interesting too. Hey! Be the first one on your block! be a hero!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rostra-250-1223-Universal-Cruise-Control-Kit-w-250-3592-Dash-Mount-Switch-NEW-/290884037476?_trksid=p2054897.l5665

1 - 8 of 8 Posts