GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem looking at the service manual using IE 7? I can't seem to bring up selected portions of the manual. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change to use these together?

Hope some computer expert out there can help me.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I gave up on IE 7, and now only use Firefox. IE 7 caused too many problems with other software that I use. Mainly, HP director that came with my HP scanner would not work at all with IE7 installed. So far, I have had no problems using Firefox.
Joe

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,542 Posts
I use Adobe Reader 8.0 for the service manual on CD. Never tried to use IE 7 for it. Adobe Reader is a free download. :D

G

·
Bill I couldn't even do online banking anymore with IE 7, it sucked big time gave up and went back to IE 6, or like jomma1 said use firefox . IE 7 is a cheap rip off version of it anyway . :roll:

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
techdude2000 is correct - the service manual is in PDF format so you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. It's actually on the CD with the service manual - you just need to install it.

And don't worry, IE7 works just fine. :wink:

G

·
Negative on IE 7 working fine.
Many reported bugs and not enough fixes.

Like others are doing, I have switched to Firefox 2.0

·
Registered
600 Posts
jomamma1 said:
I gave up on IE 7, and now only use Firefox. IE 7 caused too many problems with other software that I use. Mainly, HP director that came with my HP scanner would not work at all with IE7 installed. So far, I have had no problems using Firefox.
Joe
Joe,

I had the same problem. You can resolve it by contacting HP and downloading the latest version of the Director program.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
IE 7 only has one bug that bugs me (saving embedded photos from e-mails - not to be confused with attachments), but at this point I'd rather fight it than switch.

·
Registered
597 Posts
jamcgowan, thanks for the info. I tried getting the update from HP, but had a lot of problems with their site. It was much easier to get rid of IE7 and stick with Firefox.

Joe

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I thought it was just me - I tried IE 7 and had nothing but problems with it. Went back to IE 6.

He must be looking at an online service manual, because the CD version has Adobe on it, and the manual is in PDF format.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I switched to IE 7 and I haven't noticed any problems with it. I was looking at the service manuals on the HRCA site just yesterday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts