GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just throwing this out. From what I have read on the board here it seems everyone looking to buy an 2012 Wing is finding "they have all been sold". as soon as they hit the floor. I dont know how true this is.
I just got done stopping at TNT Actionsports in Quincy ,IL, on my way to St Lou to see if they by chance had an 2012 to look at , and they have a black 2012.
It IS a sweet looking ride ,I'm here to tell you. I'm not putting in a plug for this dealership,,just saying if someone is in the market for a black 2012 they have one.
I asked real quick what OTD price would be and he told me $23k + 900 prep fee?
Quincy is about 2.5 hours north of St Lou ,, FYI.
Here is their website:

http://www.tnt-actionsports.com/

they sell HD's too...:)
Away from Big M Supper Club,, and On the road again,,getting drenched big time....

take care,
bc

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hello All,

Just throwing this out. From what I have read on the board here it seems everyone looking to buy an 2012 Wing is finding "they have all been sold". as soon as they hit the floor. I dont know how true this is.
I just got done stopping at TNT Actionsports in Quincy ,IL, on my way to St Lou to see if they by chance had an 2012 to look at , and they have a black 2012.
It IS a sweet looking ride ,I'm here to tell you. I'm not putting in a plug for this dealership,,just saying if someone is in the market for a black 2012 they have one.
Here is their website:

Away from Big M Supper Club,, and On the road again,,getting drenched big time....

take care,
bc

Definitely not true in my area.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello All,

Here is their website:

take care,
bc
bc,

I was told that, as of last week, Ted's HD in Alton, IL had both a red and a blue out on the showroom floor. I dont know what levels they are or what the asking price is though.

Might be worth a stop for you.

I also met a guy on a blue level 1 2012 a few weeks ago that said he bought his in TN and paid right at 20K for it.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
$23K for what level?
$900 prep-forget it:22yikes:
There are definite improvements on the 2012 but, since it's not a complete new bike, dealers should give same discounts as the left overs are going for. At least $4K off MSRP. No setup/prep.
In my area they are not being sold as soon as they hit the floor! Should have asked to see the ones being held somewhere else so it appears they are short on inventory!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I could have bought a blue 2012 Level I for two grand under sticker a couple of weeks ago. They also had a black one in the back. I must say I was tempted as they also offered me a nice trade value for my 07.

I decided too keep the 07 for a couple of more years and just had the front suspension upgraded which was a lot cheaper than trading.:thumbup:
I must say though that I did like the new model for sure.

No way are you going to get the same discount off the 2012 as the 2010. I don't believe that is realistic. IMHO

Fred

·
Registered
10 Posts
1-2 grand is what I see.

Agree fredfirefighter, especially at the beginning of the model year. By the way my Ultra is an FFSE.

I got just under 2k off and most here I have seen are closer to 1k off. There is one dealer in town that still has a new but he will not talk. The ones giving some discount are selling very quickly or before they arrive. I went to Phoenix for mine and is not due till 7-13. I know of a number of dealers who have none on the floor because they are all sold.

If it was next July I would be trying to get 3-4 off.

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are plenty of 2012's to go around here. With the minor changes that were made, most are just keeping their 01's - 10's.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
"$900 to prep a new motorcycle?" Perhaps that is why he has bikes in stock for immediate delivery.

Hello All,

Here is their website:

take care,
bc

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Have not seen a 2012 on the road
Just in the dealers show rooms

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sport Honda in Metuchen, NJ has a white Level 3 that's been there for a few weeks. Also have a 2010 Yellow Level 3 that's been there for months.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Definitely not true in my area.
Bob, there is a blue 2012 at Lifestyles Honda in Mt. Vernon, Wa. I was just there and rode a CSC Cobra 2010. It's still there!
just sayin
Hobbit

·
Banned
208 Posts
yea let me start another one, my 2012 just exploded into a mini H-Bomb...

the Japs are getting back at us for bombing them...

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
There are lots of 2012's out there.
.. almost all of them are level 1.

There not very many ABS 2012's out there.
.. they get sold as soon as the dealers get them.
... most people who want one are waiting for some magic date in July.
(is that when the boat docks?)

I've not found any air-bag 2012's out there.

Dennis

1 - 20 of 39 Posts