GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted this Pic on another post and now I'd like a '09 Yellow Goldwing.

The reason is I seen a '09 yellow Covette not long ago with Twitty bird on both back fenders.
It had huge muscles and bicips with a mean look and written on the bottom it said:

Here Kitty Kitty !

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
My next one will be YELLOW! I hope they will continue to produce one in the future.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have the Here KITTY KITTY decals on the front and back of my wing. I'll have to take a pic and post them. I don't remember who I ordered them from.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I almost bought a yellow wing back in 02, it was my first choice. I'm glad I didn't. I think I would get tired of it real fast, But that is not the opinion of a lot of people because yellow is a popular color, just goes to show we have different tastes. I ended up with an Orange 02 which when they first came out I thought it was the ugliest color Honda ever made, but once I bought it I really liked it. :congrats: On your purchase, what ever color you choose

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Joe I feel the same way. When Honda brought out the Yellow I wondered "what in the world was Honda thinking", and vowed never to have a color that ugly. Umm...uh...,er.. after I bought my Yellow 02 I was hooked. I sold it in 05 (wanted the better radio and comfort package) and bought a black 06 with Nav. Then I got a wild hair 6 months later and sold the black 06 (I'll never have another black bike) and made the BIG mistake of buying an 06 Ultra Classic. Well....one week later it was for sale. Took me six months to get rid of it and I lost money on that one. Now I have an 06 Titanium with Comfort. Why Titanium? Because I couldn't find a Yellow one for sale at the time.

To this day I still want another Yellow Goldwing, and I've got my eyes peeled if one pops up. My favorite colors in order are Yellow, 04 Red, I can't remember if it's the 02 or 03 Candy Orange, and the 05 (or 06) Blue. Never another BLACK!

I'm still waiting on a Yellow. Here kitty, kitty!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Gee it's getting harder and harder to find my bike in the parking lot - It's kinda like saying "Mine's the black Harley"

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yellow

I bought my 01 yellow for safety reasons, figured only the blind couldn't see this thing. Wrong !!! Found a Dumb Ass in Dumas,Tx. who liked the rear end of my scoot. Totaled ! That was a few years back, now I'm on a 05,and yep, it's yellow.

T Mac

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I'll never forget the first time I saw my Yellow GL1800. I had purchased a nice used 2001 from a GWRRA member in South Carolina, and had it shipped to San Jose, California. I was in the warehouse when they rolled the bike off the transport trailer. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it. It was gorgeous! I got so many compliments on that bike wherever I went. I eventually purchased a new 2007 because I wanted ABS brakes. I was so disappointed Honda did not offer the Pearl/Hot Rod Yellow in '07, so I went with the Dark Cherry Red. The red is a nice color, but nothing to compare to the Yellow -- IMHO of course.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Love my "Corvette Yellow" 09 Wing
Jerry

·
Registered
12 Posts
The color has grown on me over the years and I've come to really like it. Bought an 09 Pearl "Hot Rod" Yellow back in Nov.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
No doubt about it; them yeller ones er mighty purty!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just picked up my 2009 Yellow Gold Wing from Russellville, Ark and rode it back to St. Louis. Not only did I get a great price, but a lot of thumbs up from people on my ride back home. At first I was a little reserved about the color, but since I want to be seen, a yellow wing made sense. My wife was following in the car and said the new wing really stood out. Now, I don't know if I could go back to any other color plus I have to figure out how to sell the 06 Gold one. ChuckR

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Yellow is the fastest color!

When I bought mine I didn't care what color it was. I wanted the best pre-owned, low mileage well maintained bike I could find at the rigth price.

When she is all cleaned up I do get a ton of compliments form riders and non riders alike and it does hide the dirt pretty good. When I get rid of this one I will be looking for a yellow again if I can find one using the same conditions as when I found this one.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Yellow is the fastest color!

When I bought mine I didn't care what color it was. I wanted the best pre-owned, low mileage well maintained bike I could find at the rigth price.

When she is all cleaned up I do get a ton of compliments form riders and non riders alike and it does hide the dirt pretty good. When I get rid of this one I will be looking for a yellow again if I can find one using the same conditions as when I found this one.
You Sir, haven't ridden with a white one........

·
Registered
356 Posts
My wife picked the color of ours. She said you can have a wing if I can pick the color. Nuff said!

I was in a grocery store parking lot and this old old old guy pulls up by me and rolled his window down. He grinned real big and says "even I could see that thing, it stands out so much!" Made my day.

Everywhere I go I get compliments on the color.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Go for it!! Yellow is darn good looking, relatively fast and looks good with or with out "Farkle"!:yes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts