1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Way too good to be true.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Forget it.I flag them Scammers when ever I see them.But I'll give them credit for trying.
Hell if they bag one sucker a day on any craigslist in the US,then they did good to part good money from a fool!.:eek:4:

This Jackwagon has been trying to sell this POS for 6 months. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/mcy/2529568211.html
You'd think a man would toss the junk seat by now,but no-they keep trying to see if a dummy will buy it! LOL

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I have not emailed this person, But it smells kinda fishy..
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2536054853.html
That's a scam, they'd try it in different cities in Florida and neighboring states.
The same bike is used and it is photos of a bike from a legitimate sale that they use to deceive people with. This one didn't have photos and they could really send you an old moped for the money.
The return e-mails you get are just as funny if you communicate with them.
They got the bike in a divorce settlement, their husband passed away, they're retiring from the military and they're selling the bike so they can raise money to open a business or they're leaving for active duty and want to sell the bike. Then they tell you the bike is in another state and can be shipped to you if you send the money to a third party that holds it until you receive the bike (yea, right).
I know people who have tormented these people on the Internet and had fun with the scammers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Scam for Sure

If you do a global craigslist search you will see as many as 2 or 3 of these scam listings in every city's list of bikes for sale...:wrong:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Btt

·
Registered
232 Posts
The listing has been removed...........

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
They try the same thing in reverse also.

A Co-worker's bike is on craigslist. He received an email from "a guy in sweden".

This guy was willing to send the money to "third party" who would hold the funds until some other guy at the shipping point examined the motorcycle. If the bike passed examination, it would be shipped and then the funds released to the seller.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts