GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You had better buy before April 1, 2009.

We just received this bulletin:

The depreciation of the dollar as compared to he Japanese yen and the rising costs of raw materials necessitate that American Honda increase 2009 model year pricing. The estimated average increase is 7.8%.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Ouch! Their economy is in the tan as much or more than ours. Gues they want us to help them out. Besides, I thought the Wings were still being made here, what does their economy have to do the Wings made here, by us, with our outsourcing. I am sure I am missing something!?:wrong:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great!! When are you going to post some 09 wing prices Hal, or are ya getting out of the motorcycle biz??

We have 08 and 09 in stock in Ohio. Just call Ralph for more info.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch! Their economy is in the tan as much or more than ours. Gues they want us to help them out. Besides, I thought the Wings were still being made here, what does their economy have to do the Wings made here, by us, with our outsourcing. I am sure I am missing something!?:wrong:

Eventually the profits or lack thereof have to get back to Japan in the form of YEN. Raw material costs are worldwide.

·
Registered
16,491 Posts
Wow! Talk about bad timing. Would profits be preserved with with higher per unit price, but even a more depressed sales level; or would it be better to hold the line on price and hope to shore-up the inevitable decline in sales? I think I will put off my purchase even a bit longer, until deflation hits......

prs

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not much for HD's but I think they could stay in business on parts sales alone. And besides if they go out of business they'd have to take the whole state of WI with them.;)

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Nothing like sticking a knife in a already sick business. This is not good news for ANY Honda dealership. It is a sign of the times. Some companies will lower prices trying to get more sales for make up with volume for lost profits. Then others like Honda are raising the prices by a lot to make up for lost profits. I really think this is a BIG mistake for them to be doing it now!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
You would think they would hold the price down so they could sell more insurance, parts and labor to keep it going.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
thats close $2000 on a abs model

plus the extra on sales tax besides

yikes

if your on the fence, it would be a nice time right now

plenty of left over 08 models avaible

i just got mi 08 abs a couple months ago

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
ponton, raw materials have dropped like a rock over the last couple months. We are talking about BIG time drops in prices!!! Energy prices have also dropped like a rock!!!
I am telling you the reason for the price increase is because of the economy, period!! Low sales mean low profits, really low sales mean really low profits. They have three choices: 1. keep prices the way they are now with sales falling. 2. raise the prices to increase the profits on each sale. At the risk of lowering sales even more then they are now. 3. Cut the prices and push sales hard. Hoping that your increase in sales at a lower margin will be more then made up with the dollar volume increased.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
ponton, raw materials have dropped like a rock over the last couple months. We are talking about BIG time drops in prices!!! Energy prices have also dropped like a rock!!!
I am telling you the reason for the price increase is because of the economy, period!! Low sales mean low profits, really low sales mean really low profits. They have three choices: 1. keep prices the way they are now with sales falling. 2. raise the prices to increase the profits on each sale. At the risk of lowering sales even more then they are now. 3. Cut the prices and push sales hard. Hoping that your increase in sales at a lower margin will be more then made up with the dollar volume increased.
the voice of reason

metal markets have plummeted

so its not that

transportations costs are down, fuel is down, people are giving discounts to fill ships, trains, etc

its not that

suppliers are giving price breaks to at least cover operating expenses

its not that

theres empty plant space everywhere, and cheap

its not that

could honda be telling us a little tale ??

1 - 20 of 79 Posts