GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go down to the Harley shop.

They have some god awful flat paint jobs that are really terrible. :shock: :shock:

The one I saw was a flat blue, it looked like a rattle can paint job.

later..Randy

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
the one thing i always like about some harleys, was their paint jobs

ues some colors just dont work for me, but i have to admit, many do

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I love those "flat" paint jobs.. Would consider one for the Triumph!!! They are easy to clean and have a certain glow about them.. Honda uses them on the 919 naked bikes and Kawasaki has a couple too (Love the deep blue)

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Some of the Harleys have really beautiful paint jobs... and nice colors...Harley does a really good job in the painting dept... and their clear coat is much harder.. than Honda..

cosmic

·
Registered
780 Posts
Harleys have the best paint jobs as far as I am concearned. At least they have more than just a few choices and some two tone paint jobs. I also like that flat color, it comes in the blue and beige, very pretty and neat.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
INTHEWIND said:
I think they are calling that color Denium. It looked cool in a recent
motorcycle magazine.

Herb

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Part of Harley's appeal is the the Industrial Revolution, Iron Horse, Heavy Metal look. Notice how tough it has been for the V-Rod to make traction in their market. Their paint jobs go good with that blacksmith look. Hondas look better with the more European paint scheme. Thank goodness there are choices!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was in a HD dealer last week. Saw both the denim blue and denim silver. I didn't care for the silver, but thought that the blue was gorgeous. Harley has it together in the paint department. When I look at the paint on my '05 Wing and compare it to the paint on my '06 Street Glide, there really is no comparison. I love the blue of my Wing, but I hate the fact that it chips so easily and seems to be so thinly applied. The paint on my '06 Street Glide seems like it is miles deep. It is stunning out in the sunlight.

With regard to those denim HD paint jobs, I've gotta wonder how hard it is to clean them. Seems to me like it might be a lot of work. That blue sure is pretty though.

Doug

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good thing, not everybody likes the same thing huh?? :D :D

Thanks for your replies...Randy

G

·
0 Posts
INTHEWIND said:
Go down to the Harley shop.

They have some god awful flat paint jobs that are really terrible. :shock: :shock:

later..Randy
I saw it too, it looks like $hit !!!! :no:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I love the flat black they use on the Night Rod. Seems to me to be the perfect paint job. No polishing involved. Before I wrecked my last bike I was going to paint it with Harley's Pearl Yellow that they came out with a couple of years ago. Awesome color in the sun. I like the Yellow of my wing just as much, but I would have to agree that it doesn't seem to be as durable as I would like it to be.

·
Registered
71 Posts
HD color choices are the best in the biz.

you may not like them all, but chances are you will like at least 1 . . .

and they're smart enough to offer all of the models in their std line in black, and every year, too . . . . . . what a revelation . . .

btw - for something really different - check out some of the color choices on the 07 Electra Glide Ultra . . . . . like . . . WOW . . .

8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts