GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been a website developer for many years among other trades and also hang out on the RuneRiders since I own one. I have made styles for the Firefox Stylsih plugin that will add a pleasing view to the forums. Lamonster does a great job of keeping the server running but he has too many other things on his plate to make a new style for these forums. No offense to our Generous sponsor Dan @ HDL but I remove the logos from the themes... so the layout works better and faster.

You can install Stylish and all three styles here... http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/runeriders among other styles I have created for popular sites.

Text Web page Font Software Screenshot
Text Font Web page Screenshot Technology
Web page Text Font Screenshot Software

These styles are in Candy Black Cherry, Illusion Blue and Double Clear Coat Black (the colors of the Rune). If you have another color in mind your welcome to suggest it or just modify one of these styles by editing and changing the dominate #color_code.

Enjoy and Ride Safe!

NOTE: If you want the 2 logos in the style, edit and remove this text from the first line

/* Common Settings */

.logo-image,

·
Registered
939 Posts
I use Chrome but also like to see the sponsor's of this board, board works just fine for me. Thanks for your effort though.

·
Registered
20,027 Posts
I installed it, and like some of the improvements. It gives the board some good contrast. But there are two things I don't like.

First, because of the horizontal gradient background at he top, part of the the path at the top of the page gets washed out. You can't read it. It is red text on a dark green background. That won't work for me because I use that path a lot when navigating the site. Second I don't care for the white text on a dark background when typing posts.

I will give it a little time, but I am probably going to uninstall it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Larry,

The "Path" as you call it is a breadcrumb showing where you are and have been. So that being said, in my terms it is a simple fix to make it remain in a link color as opposed to a visited link color. I'll fix it by adding a simple piece of code ie: a:visited {color: #FFE081 !important;} to the styles for you. I never really liked that either...

As for the text entry box color... what color would you like?

Michael

Use the update button in the Stylish control panel to see the change.

·
Registered
20,027 Posts
Hello Larry,

The "Path" as you call it is a breadcrumb showing where you are and have been. So that being said, in my terms it is a simple fix to make it remain in a link color as opposed to a visited link color. I'll fix it by adding a simple piece of code ie: a:visited {color: #FFE081 !important;} to the styles for you. I never really liked that either...

As for the text entry box color... what color would you like?

Michael

Use the update button in the Stylish control panel to see the change.
Yep, that is much more readable.

·
Registered
20,027 Posts
I forgot. You asked about the text background color too.

That is more of a personal preference thing. It is readable as is. but I normally like backgrounds to be light colors with text dark. I don't know what color I would like other than white. Sometimes in your head a certain color would seem to work, but when you see it, it doesn't work.

I should have you designing my site. I'm an amateur, and it shows.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ad Muncher is a program that kills ads. I got tired of annoying ads on my local news websites so I've installed Ad Muncher on a trial basis. I don't know if I'll keep it but it seems to work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot. You asked about the text background color too.

That is more of a personal preference thing. It is readable as is. but I normally like backgrounds to be light colors with text dark. I don't know what color I would like other than white. Sometimes in your head a certain color would seem to work, but when you see it, it doesn't work.

I should have you designing my site. I'm an amateur, and it shows.
Thanks Larry, I understand the contrast thing too. Here is a link to my personal website that will keep anyone busy for a few hours wandering through all it has to offer. Raven and my company site... JCMichael & Associates

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ad Muncher is a program that kills ads. I got tired of annoying ads on my local news websites so I've installed Ad Muncher on a trial basis. I don't know if I'll keep it but it seems to work.
I understand now... I use Adblock Plus - An add on for Firefox, it's free and works great. I have it enabled here with no adverse effect.

Since my style does not manipulate the layout only removes unwanted images and changes colors of the layout, I don't know how it could break your ad blocker tool. Curious... maybe your ad blocker doesn't play well with Stylish?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updated the styles to reflect the requested changes.. thanks for testing and working through the issues.

Small as they were it can be annoying when you don't see what your used to seeing... let me know if you see anything else since the styles work for all DLP "New" VB forums. The Rune Riders have not had the "upgrade" done to our site yet... ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something but what is the purpose of having sponsors of the board if you are just taking away their logos? If there are no logos then why would they pay to sponsor?

If I am missing the boat here please let me know.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something but what is the purpose of having sponsors of the board if you are just taking away their logos? If there are no logos then why would they pay to sponsor?

:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
20,027 Posts

To be honest, I agree with you. I don't find them obtrusive at all, and it supports the site. Although, in my case, I already know who the sponsor is and have the links saved as bookmarks when I need to buy something from Directline. So it really doesn't matter whether the logo is there or not, at least on my computer.

It really is no different than being able to turn off signatures in the control panel. Many members here are sponsors, and put their contact and website info in their sigs.

I have sigs turned off, simply because so many members abuse the policy on signatures. By turning them off, I can fit more posts on a page.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I don't find the ads on this forum offensive because the ads on this forum are related to the subject matter of the forum. Besides that I have purchased a number of items from the forum sponsor.

I find pop up ads about unrelated items offensive on any web page.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I went to your url and it lists 3 different "illusion Blue" styles. In your text you said there were three different colors?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went to your url and it lists 3 different "illusion Blue" styles. In your text you said there were three different colors?
I don't know how to explain it any better... there are not 3 illusion blue styles but 3 different styles right there.

Web page Text Software Website Screenshot

1 - 20 of 33 Posts