GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my part to help stimulate the economy.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Know that's what I call a trailer! What kind, and how BIG?

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Didn't you just sell that recently? Did you have to repossess? :lol::lol:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Not bad, Jan...

Here's my contribution:

Keep up the good work!

Lance

·
Registered
740 Posts
Not bad, Jan...

Here's my contribution:

Keep up the good work!

Lance
I noticed you have the Condor, why all the tiedowns???

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't you just sell that recently? Did you have to repossess? :lol::lol:

No repossession. This is the new one. I'm hopin' the new owner of the old one is enjoying it as much as I did.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where did you get it? Looks nice!!
It's a 7 X 12 Wells Cargo from David's Trailers in Orlando. It came bare on the inside and I did all the outfitting myself. Thanks.

JLK

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even with a Condor, you still have to tie down. In my trailer, I tie down twice at each point. I use a total of 8 straps even with the Condor.

Back when I was using only one strap at each location, one of the ratchets let loose. Even in the Condor chock, the bike was leaning waaaaay right. My heart was in my stomach when I opened the door.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I must be strange, I prefer to ride my bike :lol:
I've talked about it before when the riding versus trailering comes up. My wife enjoys riding as much as I do, maybe even more. She has a medical condition called Multiple Sclerosis and although it's under control, she isn't able to ride long distances like me. So we trailer the bike to way off places, then spend three or four days in each location riding. Then we load up and go off to yet another exotic location and ride again. If it wasn't for the trailer, we couldn't do it.

If it wasn't for the stupid MS, I'm sure she would be happy to ride all day and night. I'll make any sacrifice for her. I'm sure there are lots of other members who have similar situations.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi Tazmun,

Like Jan, I want to make sure it doesn't go anywhere... Although 8 tie-downs does seem like overkill... but on the other hand.......

Lance

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I must be strange, I prefer to ride my bike :lol:
I've talked about it before when the riding versus trailering comes up. My wife enjoys riding as much as I do, maybe even more. She has a medical condition called Multiple Sclerosis and although it's under control, she isn't able to ride long distances like me. So we trailer the bike to way off places, then spend three or four days in each location riding. Then we load up and go off to yet another exotic location and ride again. If it wasn't for the trailer, we couldn't do it.

If it wasn't for the stupid MS, I'm sure she would be happy to ride all day and night. I'll make any sacrifice for her. I'm sure there are lots of other members who have similar situations.
Hey tourman, you want a spoon or fork with that crow???

·
Registered
427 Posts
To Themob and Kballowe, I really like the way the bikes are secured. Is there a cheaper, easier way? I may have to rent a U-Haul and tow the bike with my van about 900 miles. $250 for the Condor is more than I want to pay for a two day trip.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
No repossession. This is the new one. I'm hopin' the new owner of the old one is enjoying it as much as I did.
I think I 'resemble' that remark......;);)

Beautiful looking rig ya got there Jan !!

Your 'old' one is still sitting here in the same place. I haven't had a chance to get away with it this winter. Fortunately, I've been busy !!

I see that you incorporated some of the same goodies as the first one.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts