GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you battling the snow and freezing temps, might I suggest a trip to Key West?! I made the trip down this past weekend. Great ride, great weather, great scenery. Even though I live in NW Florida, the Key West weather was still a welcome change for December.

(I had to drive thru some barricades to get the Wing in this picture...but I went all that way just for this shot!)

(If you look real hard, you might see Cuba in the background)

(You've heard about it...here it is...the end of the road!)

(Just too purty!)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey, I know that place. I had one or twelve beers there! :twisted: It got a little fuzzy late in the evening...... Fortunately, I wasn't on the bike. We took a taxi home. <g>

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not today

Didn't go to Key West today, but been there done that. Today left just after sun up, 23 degrees, returned just after sundown, 47 degrees, lunch and 400 miles and at one point 65 degrees in between, clear skies all day. Only had one idiot driving a Texas DOT truck try to run me over, he missed, all in all a great day. Time for some hot chocolate and schnappes!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sure would like to be back there right now.

Panther

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
corbitt799 said:
For all of you battling the snow and freezing temps, might I suggest a trip to Key West?! I made the trip down this past weekend. Great ride, great weather, great scenery. Even though I live in NW Florida, the Key West weather was still a welcome change for December.

(I had to drive thru some barricades to get the Wing in this picture...but I went all that way just for this shot!)
In your pic I see a lot of new concrete (more "homeland security"?). After looking at all the other's pics I finally figured out why... They must be trying to keep out the parade of Gold Wings going by! :D

If I ever get down to Key West I'll probably not be able to get anywhere near it :!:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Doesn't bother me a bit to look at those. Leaving Tennessee the day after Christmas, trailering the bikes to Port Charlotte. We'll be spending the next 5 days riding the Keys and being lazy as a 3-toed sloth! I was told to go to Sloppy Joe's and some restaurant that has the word Turtle in it Anybody know where this restaurant is?

Ken
Silver '02
Rewelded Frame, New ECM, Rarin to go!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts