GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have an idea?? :?:- I rode the Wing this morning and parked it. Now I have a problem that think it is the ignition switch. Battery has power. Turn the key on and nothing! Turn to acc. and the panel lights up indicating Audio, CB, Intercom etc. Turn the key off and back to ignition and I notice the neutral light flashes on for about 1/500th of a second and then goes out. No start. I think I have a dealer trip in my future.:frown:

·
Registered
999 Posts
When i have a problem with electrical, i check all the usual stuff, fuses, etc.

Then i try all the switches..........if that fails......i disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for a while.

That lets everything return to default settings.

If it doesn't work when you reconnect the battery, it's time to get out the multi-meter..............

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When i have a problem with electrical, i check all the usual stuff, fuses, etc.

Then i try all the switches..........if that fails......i disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for a while.

That lets everything return to default settings.

If it doesn't work when you reconnect the battery, it's time to get out the multi-meter..............
Thanks, but I did all that with no luck! :shrug:

It is not stuck in reverse or I would not be able to move the bike!:confused:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ignition switch on - the clock does not work and nothing else. The battery has 13V but no power for any lights, dash LCD, just no power.

On ACC. the dash LCD panel shows the words Audio, CB, etc - mileage, etc. but no power to turn headlights on.

I have checked fuses, battery and on and on! No luck. :frown:

·
GL1800 Doctor
21,132 Posts
You can test the ignition switch by probing the C21 connector coming from it. You can get to it by pulling the right fairing pocket out. It only has 4 wires in the connector. One supplying the power and the other three sending power out to the various circuits. Don't waste your time with the kill switch, it has nothing to do with this issue.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks :bow:- That is the kind of information I need. I will do that in the morning! I will keep this post updated as to my result!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After all the strange things and all of missed diagnosis we checked the battery again this morning. DEAD! After a new battery and we were up and running again. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts